| CHAPTER 19 |

I had just woken up from my afternoon nap, only to realize that I had slept for much longer than I intended

I thought I’d only been asleep for about 40 minutes, but when did it had turned into 2 hours.

I jumped out of bed and decided to take a shower to clear my mind. After freshening up, I had some evening snacks and tried to get back to studying.

After studying, it was time to irritate my brother.

Even though it was a holiday and everyone was at home, the house felt oddly quiet.

I wished we could all spend some quality family time together. I went into my brother's room and found him sleeping like a log.

It seemed like the perfect opportunity to annoy him, so I grabbed a marker and drew silly patterns on his face.

This was the third time I had done this. The last time, Kunal bhai had been really angry with me, but I had a magical power, my all time weapon-I could just make an innocent face, and he would forgive me.

I drew these patterns as payback for the time he had done something similar to me.

"Wow, Ruhanika, you are a good  artist," I thought, patting myself on the back.

Then I went back to my room, feeling a bit bored, and decided to read a book.

But then I heard Mom calling, “How are you, beta? Come inside.”

Who could be here?

I walked down the stairs and saw someone I really didn’t want to see: Vihaan.

I watched him carefully, and when our eyes met, he raised his eyebrows.

That brought me back to reality.

I realized I looked a mess. My hair was all over the place, and since I had taken a shower in the evening, I decided to wear my nightwear.

I look like a complete disaster.

I quickly went back to my room and tried to fix my hair, but then I thought, why am I doing this?

He had already seen me looking like this. And it's not like I am trying to impress him.

But still, can't he tell me that he is coming soon that I could at least look like a human.

Idiot Chimpanzee

Still, I fixed my hair and went downstairs.

Vihaan was chatting with my mom, looking quite charming.

He seemed to be the most innocent person ever, but I knew better.

Soon, Dad joined them, and they were all laughing, giggling. Like what they are talking about.

"Hi Prisha dii," I greeted with a smile.

She looked at me and said, "Hi Ruhanika," she greeted me, but her gaze was on the stairs.