Return to Omashu pt.2

-NO ONES POV-

-NO ONES POV-

The moaning crowd passes them by, diverting Tom-Tom attention away from Momo. Momo escapes into the crowd. The baby pushes himself to his feet and staggers after the crowd, out of the gates.

Cut to the Fire Nation circus at night. Upon entering, performers in two Chinese dragon's costumes are dancing. As they move out of the frame, the circus master, Shuzumu, stands before the circus' main ring, addressing the crowd.

Shuzumu: We're deeply honored to have the Fire Lord's daughter at our humble circus.

Switch to a shot from the back, revealing Azula sitting in high box seat with two guards at her side.

Shuzumu: Uh ... tell us if there is anything we can do to make the show more enjoyable.

Cut to a close-up of Azula.

Azula: I will.

Cut to a shot of the circus ring. The camera moves up, revealing a net spanned under an acrobat who is balancing on a rope, high up in the air on one hand. The camera zooms in. The acrobat is Ty Lee, who is wearing very colorful clothing.

Switch to a shot of Azula and Shuzumu, who are both looking up, fascinated by Ty Lee's performance.

Azula: Incredible. Do you think she'll fall?

Shuzumu: Of course not.

Azula: Then wouldn't it make it more interesting if you removed the net?

Azula looks directly at Shuzumu. Close-up of the concerned look upon his face.

Shuzumu: [Concerned.] Uh ... the thing is ... the performers ...

Azula: You're right, you're right. That's been done. [After a short pause, she continues with a tone of dark pleasure.] I know. Set the net on fire.

Shuzumu: [Worried.] Of course, Princess.

With a worried look upon his face, Shuzumu leaves the box to set the net of fire. Ty Lee looks down in concern at the consuming flames beneath her. She continues with her act.

Cut back to the box seat, where Shuzumu is balling his fist and clenching his teeth, hoping that Ty Lee will not fall off.

Azula: [Ecstatic.] Brilliant, just brilliant! [She looks down at Shuzumu and asks happily.] Ooh, what kind of dangerous animals do you have?

Shuzumu looks up, hopeful that he can change the subject to the animals and save Ty Lee from her burning peril.

Shuzumu: Well, our circus boasts the most exotic assortment-

Azula: Release them all!

Shuzumu looks utterly shocked by Azula's command. Close-up again of Ty Lee's worried face, as she is still balancing on one hand above the flames.