Chapter 4

: Evening of Chaos

It was approximately 6 PM of evening. Sonia was drinking tea with Chirag Rampal. The door bell rang.

"Come in !" said Sonia.

"Mom !" said Kavya who had came back home from her coaching.

"Kavya! There is a good news for you. It don't know how you will react to this." said Sonia.

"What Chirag Uncle is doing here ?" said Kavya, "He is prohibited in this house."

"You will be surprised to know that your Chirag Uncle and me are getting married." said Sonia.

"What !" shouted Kavya,"What are you talking about? What about me? What about dad? Did you thought about us for a single minute?"

"I have thought for this family my entire life." said Sonia, "Now it's my time. Your daddy and I have got divorced. Now it's time to move on."

Tears fell down from the eyes of Kavya. She began to go away from there in disguise. Sonia tried to stop her, but she pushed away her mother. Kavya went upstairs and locked herself in her room. She lied on her bed and buried her face in the pellow. She began to cry.

An Alarm rang on her phone. It was morning and she had slept while crying. She went down stairs to talk to her mother peacefully about dad.

“Mom ! Mom !” said Kavya.

She couldn't find her mother anywhere in house. All she found was a letter on the dinning table. It said -

Hey, Kavya !

I , your mother is leaving home with your uncle Chirag. I can no more tolerate your dad and you. Don't try to contact me again.

- Sonia Malhotra

Kavya quickly called her father and told about the entire situation.

Mr Malhotra was driving the car. He shouted on phone.

“Wait ! Wait ! Kavya beta, I am coming there.” said he.

They both together went to police station to file the missing report of Sonia.

“Officer, My wife ran away from her home with her boyfriend. I want you to find her. Please !” begged Mr Malhotra.

“See, Mr Malhotra. Your wife has been escaped with her lover. She is an adult, she can do it. But we will try our best to know if she is fine.” said the police officer.

“But police didn't do anything.” said Mr Malhotra sitting in the interrogation room.

Veer pushed a cup of coffee and a packet of cigarettes towards Mr Malhotra on the table. Mr Malhotra drank the coffee.

“Yes! Police don't do anything nowadays. We are only mad ones. Can we talk to kavya.” said Veer.

“But why ?” asked Mr Malhotra.

“She is the one who saw the victim last time. ” said Veer.

“She is a kid. She don't have to do anything with this.” said Mr Malhotra.

“We will decide weather she is linked with this case or not.” said Inspector Mohan.

In next scene, Kavya wearing a jeans and Tshirt under a jacket was sitting on the chair at their table. Veer threw an apple at her. She caught it with in a second.

“So what had happened when you last met your mother?” said Veer writing something on his notepad.

“Last time I saw her with Chirag Uncle. We had an argument and I went to sleep and she left the house.” said Kavya.

“Do you think Chirag had killed your mom in the house or outside ?” asked Inspector Mohan.

“If something had happened at house, I would woke up. He killed her outside only.” said she.

“Was Anything missing in your home?” asked Veer.

“Yes! All the jewellery. Also some money was withdrawn from mom's account.” said she.

“But this is kind of weird. They were in a relationship for a long time and Chirag killed her only for some jewellery and money?” said Inspector Mohan.

“Kher ! Vo letter jama kardo Jo aap ki mom likh ke gai the.” said Veer.

In next scene, Veer was driving the police car and Inspector Mohan was sitting next to him.

“Would you like to drink beer?” asked Inspector Mohan.

“Only Zero beer ?” said Veer.

“There is a strip club near by. Let's go there.” said he.

Veer turned the car to left road. They came down from the car and heavily moved towards the club. They put their hands on the long table of the bar.

“One Zero beer please and one vodka” said he.

“One shawarma also”said Veer.

There was songs playing on speaker. It was hard to talk to each other. Girls were dancing around the poles and men were throwing money on them.

“Thanks dog ! We are not like them. We just drink. ” laughed Inspector Mohan.

“Yeah!” said Veer.

Suddenly Mohan's mobile rang. He picked up the call.

“Hello! What ! We are coming.” said Inspector Mohan, “Some people are looting an ATM. We have to go there.”

They both quickly paid the bill and left the club. Veer put the shawarma in his pocket but had left half full beer at the bar. Bar tender drank it.