Chapter 6

“We want Justice! We want Justice!” shouted People infront of the police station. People began to protest as case became famous all over India. People did candle march at India Gate to demand Justice in the case.

Detective Veer with police officers gave interview to the reporters.

“We had a witness in case, but unfortunately he was killed. We have found so many evidence which indicate Chirag is the killer. He is missing may be he ran away.” said Inspector Mohan. The interview was broadcasted on TV.

Detective Veer watched the news at night in his house. He turned it off as this case had become headache for him. He realised he need to buy grocery. He found his hand bag, thela and went out to buy ration. He walked down through the stairs.

He realised he found something related to the case. He unlocked the apartment and took out the keys of his car. He drove to the police station.

Inspector Mohan was talking to a lady who was filing report against her drunkard husband for beating her being drunk.

“OK! OK! Ma'am! We will arrest him tomorrow. Beat him, if he repeated it I can take the matter to court.” said he.

“Mohan ! Come here !” said Detective Veer.

They both exited the room. They talked in Godown where evidence of all cases were preserved.

“Sonia Malhotra murder case box.” said Detective Veer.

They worn their plastic gloves. Detective Veer checked the suitcase, he  recovered from the crime scene. It's lock was broken.

“I realised it when I saw the zip of my carry bag was broken” said he.

“May be the killer broke it?” said Mohan.

"No, its rusted. It's broken for a long time. Why she would use a broken open suit case to carry Jewellery? It's something odd." said Detective Veer.

“There is everything upside down in this case. I believe we should lift up the husband and beat him up. He will speak out the truth.” said Inspector Mohan.

“May be he killed her.” said Detective Veer.

"But how ! Its not possible outside either on road or near the lake." said Mohan.

“May be he killed her at home and dumped the body in Lake. I wonder that how can Sonia leave her daughter and run away like this.” said Detective Veer.

Suddenly a lady officer came there and greeted them.

“Sir, the medical reports of victim.” said she.

Detective Veer took the medical reports from her hand and read it.

“The Taxi Driver didn't die due to burning. He was choked to death with a rope. How dangerous people are they.” said Inspector Mohan, “I want the location of mobile of Sanjay Malhotra at the time of murder.”

Detective Veer said, “Kal Chalte hai aur Malhotra ke Ghar pe chapa marte hai.”