Chapter 10

Raye| @/giodimezza
'Regardless' IS OUT NOW! So excited to share this project with everyone. It's self produced, self engineered, self everything. It's my first song since leaving my old record label and I made it just for fun. I was just touching back on my old dance music roots so I hope you guys enjoy it.

Link in bio!
890 replies 87 likes 784 retweets
...tap to view replies

...

Giovanna finally released her song on the 5th of January, 2022. She gave Carlos a listen a few days prior and judging by his reaction, he enjoyed it. He was surprised but he enjoyed it.

He was used to the idea of Gio being a jazz singer so when she made him listen to her new song, he was a bit surprised.

It was doing well on Spotify and Apple Music and it was gaining traction on TikTok too. F1 fans had gotten their hands on it and started making edits to the chorus of the song.

Giovanna had literally dropped the song and soon followed with radio silence. She stopped being on social media because she became busy.

The crib, stroller and car seat arrived and she was helping Carlos set them up. Her prison sentence had been lifted (bed rest) because her placenta previa resolved itself so she started trying to induce labour.

They were in the living room of her apartment using the time they had to make sure everything was set up. As it was getting closer to the start of the new season, it meant a ton of meetings in Maranello for Carlos

"You have ten minutes before you have to leave." Gio said handing Carlos a small screw that would determine whether the legs held the bassinet up. "I'm almost done, just need to make sure it's safe." He said as he screwed it in.

Giovanna slowly stood up from her seat on the couch before waddling into the kitchen. While Carlos tested out the different settings of the bassinet, Gio was pouring water in a glass for him.

"Here." She handed him the glass when she made her way back into the living room. "Grazie." He said before drinking at least half of the water. "Woah dude, slow down."

Carlos thanked her again before handing her the glass back. "Does it work fine?" She asked after putting the glass back in the kitchen. "Mmh, I think it's all good so I'll go put it in your bedroom."

"Thank you." Giovanna smiled before moving to kiss Carlos on the cheek. "No no, kiss me properly." He said, his Spanish accent thickening. Giovanna playfully groaned, "Do I really have to?"

"Think of it as 'thank you'." He tried convincing her. "Mmh..." She pretended to think as she put her hands on his chest. Giovanna looked into his eyes and immediately melted.

Carlos had that effect on her. She found it hard to say no  to him especially when he looked at her with his big brown eyes. They were her weakness and he knew that.

She caved in and pressed her lips against his. They felt the world disappear around them as they moved in unison. Gio could feel his muscles tensing underneath her hand and boy, did her thoughts run wild.

Carlos was addicted to how Gio felt against him, how she tasted and the small moans that escaped her whenever they kissed.

They eventually pulled away while breathing heavily. "You going to be late." She pressed her lips against his jaw before walking to the couch to sit down. She had stood up for too long.

He cleared his throat before nodding, "Right."

An hour later, Carlos arrived at Ferrari's headquarter in Maranello. He parked next to Charles' car before heading inside the building.