Chapter 14

gigi_di_mezza's story

...

"Congratulations! Ahh! I wish I was there to give you a big kiss. P-2, that's insane Carlos." Giovanna exclaimed making Carlos laugh on the other side of the phone. They were on FaceTime just a few hours after the podium ceremony.

Carlos had finished the race second in Bahrain which was always a step closer to winning. "Thank you. You should've come, you know." He said with a smile.

"I wish but I'm still waiting on Liema's passport. I think it's going to be done sometime next week." Giovanna said glancing at her daughter on her chest.

"Speaking of Liema, how is she?" Carlos asked.

"She's been good. She actually slept for about four hours each time she went to sleep."

"Were you finally able to get some sleep?"

"Yes actually, I feel so much better. I was also able to clean up a bit." Giovanna answered. "That's good but really, please try to come to Saudi. I really miss you and Marie." Carlos said with a sad smile.

"We'll come and we miss you too, Carlito."

The couple went on to talk for another hour until Carlos had to go celebrate the 1-2 podium with his team. "Please congratulate Charles for me." Giovanna said.

"I will, bye Vanni."

"Bye Carlos." They hung up leaving a deafening silence in the living room of Giovanna's apartment. Since Liema had gone to sleep, the home had gone quiet without the noises and whimpers coming from the newborn.

She decided on putting on her Jazz playlist while she got started on packing for the trip knowing if she postponed it, she'd never get to it.

A few hours later, Giovanna had decided on going for a walk. It was something she'd avoided because formula one fans had started connecting the dots and found out that she lived in Imola.

And no one knew she had a child. It wasn't something Giovanna was hiding but she wasn't sure how people would take it.

Liema wasn't Carlos' biological daughter but the public didn't know that. They assumed Giovanna was his girlfriend and they'd assume Liema was his daughter.

She honestly wasn't ready for the reactions. She wasn't ready for what people were going to say and Giovanna cared about what people thought about her. It was one of her myriad of flaws.

Giovanna hated how much people's opinion had an effect on her.

She waited for the gate to close before she started walking in the direction of the local park. Giovanna hoped she wouldn't get recognised so she put on sunglasses and a baseball cap to hide her face.