Chapter 4

Giovanna really enjoyed Carlos' company. It had been six days since they met and they really got along well. They'd spend the days out in Bologna walking around and exploring and the nights sitting on her couch, watching Brooklyn 99.

She looked down onto her lap where Carlos laid his head while watching the tv. She played with his hair, running her fingers through it.

Giovanna smiled when she noticed Carlos dozing off. He couldn't help it, her touch was soft and caused soft shivers travelling down his spine.

"Carlos? You asleep?" She whispered patting his arm softly. "Mmh?" He groaned turning his head to look up at her. "You should go to bed, amore." Gio said.

"Okay." Carlos hummed with his eyes closed. "After five minutes." He added.

"Just five."

Carlos fell back asleep while Gio played with his dark hair. Five minutes passed, then another five before Gio's phone chimed. She had gotten a reminder from the hospital for her third trimester ultrasound.

Oh shit.

She had forgotten about it.

"Carlos, c'mon let's get you to bed." Gio said picking up the remote to turn off the tv.

Carlos groaned and slowly opened his eyes. He sat up, running a hand through his hair. "By the way, I have an appointment at the hospital tomorrow that I forgot about." Gio said.

She stood up from the couch and adjusted her sweatpants. "Can I come?" He asked following her to the kitchen.

Gio looked back at him shocked. "You want to come with? Sure, yeah umh, of course." She nodded. "It's at ten in the morning."

"What's the appointment about?"

"An ultrasound of the baby and a check up most probably." Giovanna answered moving to drink her prenatal vitamins. "And I think I want to know the gender."

"What do you think it'll be? Boy or girl?" Carlos asked rubbing his eyes. "Girl, I mean I've already got a bunch of clothes for one but I'll still be happy if it's a boy." Giovanna answered before swallowing her pills and downing them with water.

"She'll be a mommy's girl." Carlos smiled at her.

"You think?"

"I know it Vanni." He reassured her watching her with soft eyes.

"Thank you Carlos, it means a lot."

After a few minutes of being in the kitchen, they said their good nights before heading to their rooms to rest for the night.

The morning rolled around and Gio and Carlos were getting ready to leave the apartment. She was in the bathroom tying a head wrap on her head while Carlos was in the living room waiting for her.

She was in dressed in flared jeans and a black turtleneck with a long beige coat.

"I'm done." Giovanna appeared from the hallway. Carlos looked up from his phone and smiled, taking in her appearance. "You look beautiful." He complimented while standing up from the couch.

"Thank you. I must say, you don't look bad yourself il Signor." She said looking him up and down.

"I tried." Carlos' smile grew bigger as she walked closer to him.

He looks really good, Giovanna thought. His monochromatic outfit fit loosely on his body. He wore a pair of black pants and a black sweatshirt over a polo shirt.

"C'mon, let's go before we become late." Carlos said.

...

"Good morning." Gabriella, the ultrasound tech greeted walking into the room. The two greeted her back watching as she walked to the seat next to the bed.