( i )

i

i. last day of school
❝ what about her? over there, sitting alone. ❞

ヾ₊˚. crossed paths music box
is now rolling . . .

cyanide •  daniel caeser
tryna take time by crossing timing zones

THE SOUND OF RAIN FILLED THE CROWDED CAFÈ SHOP, the door's loud ding of the bell that was hung just a few meters away from the wooden door itself echoing from within and with-out.

summer was supposed to be coming up, but instead, it was the last day of school for sim jaeyun and all his classmates. and yet no sight of summer as the rain poured heavily.

though it was utterly damp with the slight air of the heavy rain, the footsteps of people rushing in and out of their houses, malls and restaurants and so on were heard in every part of town. with the sun had disappeared the horizon along with their books as it was the last day of senior year.

jaeyun held his black umbrella with the sweat dripping the ends of his bangs. he did not know it would be this humid on a rainy day. and it was clear that today is unpredictable, considering how in the morning it was chilly.

his fingertips pressed the large letters on the brown hardwood cafe door, along with the bell rang shortly after he entered, meeting the chill of the filled cafe. only a couple of seats seemed occupied.

he lowered his umbrella and slipped his thick jacket, thankful he had worn a light shirt. as rainwater dripped from his upside-down umbrella, looking up to realize he was tuned out of his friends' conversation.

"jake, what about you? any plans this summer?" lee felix questioned, when jaeyun shook his head with a shrug.

"nah. you guys are all traveling like any other year, and i'll just be stuck here by myself. so i don't think i'll be doing much during the next month or something," jaeyun said, sipping on his drink.

"bro, you can't just spend the whole summer cooped up in your weird room, no offense." felix muttered the last part, his teeth positioned oddly, one atop the other.

"non taken," jaeyun scoffed sarcastically.

"there's gotta be atleast something to do," felix added on, raising an eyebrow.

"i'm pretty sure there are things i can do, but doing stuff by yourself is just going to get boring way too fast." jaeyun pointed out, frowning a bit.

"there's gotta be someone you know that's not going somewhere. or at least not for too long," felix continued—shoulders drooped with disappointment.

perusing his lips, he said, "not really. the few people i know are going to be in town for the summer are people i'm not really friends with. moreso acquaintance,"

"mate, i don't know. go out more, make friends. it can't be that hard,"

"easy for you to say. you're not the one dealing with this."

"just go ask someone." yoon keeho chimed in, clearing his throat. "take a chance."

"ask someone for what?" jaeyun raised a brow, earning dumb slaps from his friends at his stupidity.

"to be friends. to spend the summer together."

"that's ridiculous. who's going to agree to spend a whole summer with a stranger?" jaeyun scoffed, shaking his head dismissively.

"wait a minute, stephen might be onto something. maybe someone else is in the same boat as you. could be lonely this summer, you never know."

"that's unrealistic."

"it's worth a shot." keeho shrugged.

"right. the worst someone can say is no. would you rather spend the summer alone knowing you didn't at least try to save it?" lee mark added, joining in.

"where am i going to find someone to ask?"

"jake, we're literally in a cafe. there are plenty of people here you could approach."

"what about her? over there, sitting alone." felix pointed out, nodding his chin towards a girl sitting alone at a table—eyes fixed on her phone as she quietly sipped a drink.

everyone's gaze stayed on her, while jaeyun did not seem as interested. he knew he couldn't just walk over to her out of the random and become friends. that's dumb.

"her? why her?" jaeyun had a confused and irritated look, with a scowl and a shake of the head, obviously struggling to understand.

"jake, please stop being dumb." mark said.

"no thank you. i'm good." jaeyun replied, leaning back on his chair, when all his friends stared at him with looks of disbelief.

"do whatever you want, i was just suggesting. it would genuinely be nice if you did something this summer for once, though." felix said, sighing and relaxing too.

"felix's right, jake. while everyone is busy preparing for their vacation you could make friends to waste your time, or to actually have fun." mark added, earning agreement murmurs from keeho and felix.

jaeyun sighed lowly.

he haven't thought of that and nor will he again. walking up to someone? becoming friends with someone? maybe they are not trustworthy. maybe they do drugs. he thought it was unnecessary.

"i appreciate you'll's help, but i'm good. i mean i have my parents, i'll go out with them anyway," jaeyun said in a sigh tone, as he smiled awkwardly at them.

 i mean i have my parents, i'll go out with them anyway," jaeyun said in a sigh tone, as he smiled awkwardly at them

𐑔𐑞 authors note , ! 𐬹۪

credits to chapterwon
for helping me and writing this chapter. thank you so much :3

so sorry for the late update. i didn't like the old storyline so i wanted to change some stuff.

i'll try to update and write them later and update !!

written 26. july. 2024
edited 4. october. 2024