( x )

x

x. two best friends with a girl
❝ your ego is taller than you ❞

ヾ₊˚. crossed paths music box
is now rolling . . .

the perfect pair • beabadoobee
'cause you know we're the same

"ARE YOU SERIOUSLY DITCHING ME?" HEESEUNG GASPED EXAGGERATEDLY while munching on the cooked eggs that his mother had cooked.

yeorin nodded like it was obvious, causing her mother to chuckle at her daughter's face and her son's deflated expression. her and heeseung decided to go for a walk and practice volleyball, but she changed her plans since jaeyun texted her before she even got up for work, asking her to hang out for a bit before it opened, and she agreed.

"you and jake have been close," her mother spoke softly while she placed the pancake dish in front of them, proped her elbow, rested her chin on the palm of her hand, and glanced at her daughter with a jokey raised brow as yeorin shook her head.

"he felt bad for me, so he said that was the only way to make it up to me," she clearly lied. why? she did not know.

heeseung rolled his eyes, wasting his morning simply to hang out with her, and now she's ditching him.

it was nearly twelve a.m. when they all awoke; while yeorin had her apron on her arm and her mother's work clothes on, heeseung had nothing and felt relieved that he wasn't doing any work; as rude as it sounds, he just doesn't like working; studying senior night and day was enough, and he had finally finished.

yeoin took her spare time at work, thinking it would be good to have someone to join her, although she lied about not liking any of her friends to visit. to waste her minutes and hours working. she knew she'd be working extra shifts before the amusement park opened.

"you look like you haven't eaten in ten years," yeorin sneered as she took up the dark chocolate brownie empty small dish served just ten minutes ago, which Jaeyun had eaten.

Jaeyun tsks offendedly, "It's just good." he reasoned with a shrug. yeorin chuckled lightly and returned to the counter.

jaeyun struck up conversations with her while following her around while she served and took orders. she replied without worry, which amused him; he thought she might be bothered, but she seemed perfectly at ease.

after a while, he decided to take a seat and order something, giving her a bit of space.

"besides, you seemed bored when i stopped," he added, standing up. she heard him but passed by, smiling kindly at the customers who had just entered, completely ignoring jaeyun.

she straightened her posture, turned to jaeyun, then walked past him, his eyes trailing her movements.

"your ego is taller than you," she scoffed with a smile, handing a ripped order slip to one of her coworkers. as she turned around, someone else entered on time.

park sunghoon's smile faltered slightly when he noticed jaeyun.

jaeyun did not mind; he liked the idea of having someone to talk to. but he noticed yeorin's face stiffen. he frowned slightly, realizing—she liked sunghoon.

"jake," sunghoon greeted with a smile when he approached them.

"sunghoon, nice to see you," jaeyun replied.

yeorin slipped between them to take and deliver others' orders.

"didn't think i'd see you here," sunghoon remarked, his smile tight. jaeyun understood what he meant; yeorin wasn't a fan of her friends in her café.

"me neither," jaeyun shrugged and they fell into an awkward silence.

both glanced to look at yeorin. jaeyun hummed silently, wondering, does he like her too? and why was he, jaeyun, so nosy about it?

"mint chocolate seriously?" jaeyun muttered before yeorin grabbed her mini scoop of ice cream, and sunghoon laughed, nodding in agreement.

yeorin huffed while putting her cup away while jaeyun raised both of his hands in the air to retrieve his chocolate ice cream cup.

"he gets it," sunghoon continued, as jaeyun proudly beamed.

"you both don't know the taste of amazingness," she stated, turning fully to face them and humming loudly for them to hear, but they ignored her and laughed.

"amazingly bad," sunghoon added, causing jaeyun to chuckle loudly.

"good one," he responded as sunghoon nodded,

"i know right."

yeorin gasped angrily, "fuck off," she murmured, continuing to eat and looked down at her cup while both of them cackled.

"you two are good friends," she pointed out, before they all started walking.

yeorin had just finished her shift, and as night fell, the time flew by, with the two of them in the cafe with her, maintaining conversations with her while she passed people to take their orders, and now they three went to a nearby ice cream truck and walked down the streets that lead to multiple places, together they walked through the city.

the colors of the sunset had faded to a dark blue, and the night sky was shining on them about ten p.m.

"we have something in common, unlike you," jaeyun added, narrowing his stare on yeorin as she gasped.

"we do have something in common, bro," she said, while sunghoon eyed them both.

"what are you guys planning after this?" sunghoon asked changing the subject.

the hot air touched them, but it was soothing hot air.

"the new amusement park is opening in two hours, if you want you can with us?" yeorin questioned after she received jaeyun's nod to tell him.

sunghoon hummed with a smile, "sure,"

𐑔𐑞  authors note  , ! 𐬹۪

i don't know how to feel about this chapter 😭😭 it's a filler but i feel like it's useless 😭 this is so poorly written wtf.

i hope y'all like this chapter ‼️

don't forget to vote !!