Chapter 2: Chloe

Marinette woke up to the smell of fresh croissants and smiled. She yawned and sat up. She did her normal morning routine. Brush her teeth. Took a shower... again, just because showers in the morning are amazing. Checked her email to make sure her classes weren't canceled, good thing too, because her last class for the day was. Then she put her clothes on and headed downstairs.

"Good morning Marinette." Sabine smiled, seeing Marinette come down the stairs.

"Fresh croissants are on the table," Tom said.

"Thanks, mom, thanks, dad." She smiled, going to sit at the table but stopped when she saw Adrien.

"A-Adrien!?" She screamed.

"Oh. Yeah, he stopped by this morning. I forgot to tell you." Sabine chuckled.

"H-hi Marinette." He smiled nervously.

"Hi, Adrien." She said, nervously back, sitting down beside him.

"Why didn't you text me you were here?"

"I did." He whispered back, both faking a smile when Sabine and Tom would glance over at them.

"Eat up you two," Tom said, placing more in front of them.

"Uh... So... why are you here... uh... Adrien?" She said, placing a croissant on a plate and placing it in front of him.

He hinted toward her phone and took a bite of the croissant, trying to save time. Marinette took out her phone and read his text.

"Oh! I completely forgot. Mom? Dad? I forgot to tell you last night. That fashion show that I was in?" She started, placing a croissant on a plate for herself now.

"Yeah?" Tom said, sitting down in front of her excited, taking a bite of one.

"Well, Adrien modeled it for me and we won." She smiled.

"That's great, honey!" He said, calling Sabine over.

"Yeah well..." Marinette said, looking down at her food.

"The grand prize for winning is an exclusive dinner with Gabriel Agreste. I was going to walk her to school this morning to congratulate her and ask if it was alright if she rode home with me after school since... she would come over for dinner anyway. If that was alright." Adrien smiled.

Tom looked over at Sabine as if thinking about not allowing it. Adrien thought it was weird. If he was Chat noir, they would definitely have no problem with it at all. They loved Chat noir. They let him stay the night sometimes. Why was it any different with Adrien? Wasn't Adrien trustworthy as well?

"I guess that would be fine. Today at the bakery shouldn't be too busy." Tom said, a little weary.

"What time should we expect her to be home?" Sabine smiled, taking a croissant.

"9:30?" Adrien said, not knowing the answer himself.

"That'll be fine," Tom said, standing up and leaving to go downstairs. "You kids better get to school, or you'll be late."

Marinette sighed and she followed Adrien out of the bakery. They decided to walk to school and Adrien noticed Marinette was more quiet than usual.

"What's the matter?" He asked.

"I'm just... scared." She said, looking over to him.

"It's just my dad." He laughed.

She glanced over at him and pouted, giving him the look. She was right. His father had no idea they were dating. So she would feel not only awkward at his home but scared to meet him under those circumstances.