Chapter 3: Drama

"I said that Marinette and I are dating." He said again, now a little louder and clearer.

"Adrien? Did she... um... bribe you in some way? You're a model and handsome and so much better than that bakery girl that is going nowhere. Why would you ever want to date-"

"I asked her. I wanted to date her Chloe" Adrien interrupted her, seeing Chloe's eye widen with shock.

"Then why take me to lunch? To rub it in my face?" Chloe glared.

He could tell she was hurt. He knew that. He knew everything about Chloe. He watched as her feet were crossed and her fingers were tapping against her arms as they were crossed in a pout. She was fighting the urge to cry.

"Chloe, I didn't invite you here to lunch to brag or rub it in your face. I wanted your opinion on something." He started.

"Well, my opinion is to dump her."

"Not that. Chloe, I'm being serious." Adrien sighed, seeing that anything he was trying to say was just going over her head.

"We were keeping it a secret because I'm afraid of what my father might say and-" He started.

"A secret? With me, you wouldn't have to! You don't have to be ashamed of dating me. Adrien, I've been here for you ever since we were kids! How could you not love me? I've always been there for you. I always have your back no matter what." Chloe stood up and slammed her hand on the table.

She was right. She did, but so did Marinette. Marinette was Ladybug. Him and Marinette fight villains on a daily basis and risk their lives together. It was true that Chloe did trust Adrien and had his back when he needed her, but not in the same way as Marinette. He couldn't tell Chloe that though. He knew it was unfair, but he just couldn't tell her.

"I know Chloe." He said with a frown.

"If you know, then don't date her. Why not date me? I've always been here right in front of you." She said.

"I can't." Adrien sighed.

Chloe sighed and tears fell down her face, she picked up her purse and walked out of the restaurant. Adrien was about to stand up and chase after her but the waiter got in his way with their food.

Adrien groaned as he was stuck with their sushi in his hands and just decided to have the sushi delivered to her hotel room instead. Lunch was about over and he decided he would eat when he got home, he would also explain to Marinette what happened later.

He opened the car door and was about to groan as he felt his stomach ache but his heart lifted when he saw Marinette walk inside with Alya. He shut the door and rushed off toward her in hopes he could talk to her before class but saw everyone gathered in a circle. He walked in and stood beside Marinette, giving her a confused look as to ask her what was going on. She shrugged and turned back to the center of the circle.

It was Chloe and Lila, They had been posting around the school that Adrien and Marinette were dating. Everyone was crowding around Chloe and Lila because they wanted the entire story because they told everyone that Adrien was bribed into dating her.

"You see. There would be no way Adrien would ever date a no good, useless, trash wearing, heathen unless some sort of bribery was involved." Chloe said, exaggerating as if she were in a play.

"Yeah, Marinette even told me one time that she knew multiple ways to bribe him." Lila chimed in, smirking at Chloe.

Adrien looked over at Marinette, both knowing they were lying. He could see Marinette was getting completely angry but he put his hand on her shoulder and nudged for her to follow him outside. Marinette took a deep breath and followed him, fists clenched in anger as she followed. Adrien found a bench outside where he had given her the umbrella and took a seat and patted the seat beside him.

"Here, take a seat before classes start."

"But Adrien- You're just going to let them lie like that? None of that was true." Marinette huffed, sitting down beside him.

"We both know. We're the ones dating, does it really matter buggaboo?" He smiled.

Marinette looked at him, her chinks starting to turn pink again at the nickname he gave her, remembering their alter egos. It's been a few days since they've seen one another in their hero outfits, it almost seemed like finding out their identities, and starting dating was all just a magical dream.

"Alright... you're right."

The bell rang and they headed into class, taking their normal seats. As the class began, harsh glares throughout class seemed to resonate and intensify, but every time Marinette would glance around the class, no one would be looking in her direction. Maybe it was all in her head?

"Miss Bustiere? Can I... go to the bathroom?" Marinette asked.

The teacher looked over and nodded, but Marinette picked everything up and took all of her belongings with her. Adrien saw and took out his phone and texted her.

"Where are you going? You're not going to the bathroom, you took all of your stuff."

"Everyone is giving me glares. I'll meet you at your house later."

Adrien sighed, knowing that Lila and Chloe's scheming was to blame but overall it was his fault for trusting Chloe. He knew she would be upset but he didn't think she would go to this extent. Adrien looked over at Chloe and saw her messing with her fingernails and rolled his eyes. If only she knew that Marinette was Ladybug, her idol. Chloe treated Marinette harshly and cruelly even though secretly she idolized her without knowing. Though Marinette knew and had to put up with it. Those times she acted strangely as Ladybug around Chloe and he didn't understand why, he now understood. He could understand everything that was going through Marinette's head, well... mostly.

"Meet me outside the gate at 3:00?" he texted.

He saw her text back a few seconds later but it disappeared a few seconds later, then she simply sent a ladybug and cat emoji to him. His eyes darted to the window and he shot up, knowing exactly what she was talking about. He asked to leave the classroom and soon was running across rooftops, the wind blowing through his hair as he made his way to his lady.

It's been a few days since they fought an Akuma. The last time they fought one was when they had each other's Miraculous and they healed her back to normal. The sun was still shining bright and was beginning to turn into fall now, so it wasn't too hot. He found Ladybug standing on top of a building waiting for him, twirling her yo-yo.

"Did you wait long, Mi'lady?" He smiled, walking over to her, his ear flicking.

"Not too long, but while I was waiting... I did get some information on the victim. Here's the plan." She said, turning toward him, eyes narrowed, ready for battle.