Chapter 8: Missing

"Ladybug!" He yelled through the harsh rainfall that could have muffled his yells.

He searched and searched until dark fall. He honestly didn't care anymore if he got sick or if he passed out from exhaustion. He needed to find her and convince her to stay ladybug. He needed her. They have been through too much to just simply give up. Was it the pressure of their relationship and his father that caused her to do this? Was it... the fear of...Chat blanc...? Was it him that put too much pressure on her? Did he cause her to do this?

He went to her home and opened the skylight, soaking wet. He climbed down the ladder and went to her bathroom and grabbed a towel and dried off. He went downstairs to her parents, who seemed to be extremely worried.

"What's the matter?" He asked.

"Oh! Sorry... We thought you were Marinette. She went to a friend's house tonight and she should have been back hours ago. She isn't answering her phone and we can't get a hold of her friend or his father. We're super worried." Sabine said, trying to call someone.

"I knew I should have trusted my gut. I didn't want her going to Adrien's house." Tom shook his head.

Chat noir sighed and finished drying off.

"I will go out and look for her." He said, trying to seem like he wasn't out for the past few hours already.

"Oh thank you Chat noir, we're so lucky to have you." Sabine smiled.

"Uh... yeah no problem." He forced a smile, heading back upstairs.

A few days had passed and Marinette was still nowhere to be found. Her parents reported her as missing and Gabriel Agreste was one of the prime suspects since he was the last person to have seen her as well as Adrien but he was quickly taken off since he was a minor and had no ulterior motives.

Chat noir would stop by every single day at the Dupain Cheng household and stay the night in her bedroom just to make sure she didn't stop by, but she never came home. Alya soon stopped posting on the Ladyblog because Ladybug never came around, Chat noir never gave the earrings to anyone else. He never took them to Master Fu... he was scared he would take them away. He wanted Marinette to have the earrings back.

He would defeat the Akuma by himself as Mr. Bug and fix the city. He would not allow anyone to have Ladybug's Miraculous. He would hold both of them until she decided to come get them. She just needed a break.

Everyone needed a break. Yeah. That's it. She just needed time. He would take care of Paris until then, what kind of partner would he be if he couldn't do that for her?

Every night as he would lay down in her bed he would talk to Tikki and Plagg who would have mixed feelings about what he was doing but his mind was already made up. He would take out his phone and send her texts about what was going on and what he was doing that day as well as asking her what she was doing, though no texts would ever come through.

The next morning he didn't have the energy to go to school and decided to just lay in her bed since the night before he had to deal with an Akuma by himself, letting Tikki and Plagg talk as he stared out at the skylight above him.

"Adrien? You can't keep both. You need to take one of us to Master Fu." Tikki said.

"Why can't he? It's not like he is abusing it?" Plagg sighed.

"It's too dangerous for one person to have both," Tikki said.

"But he isn't hurting anything," Plagg argued.

"Plagg. You know the dangers. What if he gets akumatized? Then Hawk Moth has both. He instantly wins." Tikki sighed.

Adrien sighed, sitting up and stretching, not having the energy to even bother to argue with them. As he was getting ready to get out of her bed he heard a thump above him, though he would have thought it normal but it was a lot louder than a normal bird. He saw a shadow hover over the skylight and darted out of bed and transformed, quickly hiding below her bed. He heard someone coming inside the bedroom and making their way inside the bedroom and landing on the bed. Chat noir jumped up and pounced on the person, hearing a scream.