Chapter 13: The verdict

"Good morning beautiful" He smiled, looking at Marinette laying beside him in his bed.

"Ugh... shut up." She giggled.

"I'm glad you're a lot more comfortable around me now." He said with a sigh of relief.

"You're right, when did that happen?" She asked.

"No idea, but don't be getting any ideas." He smirked.

"I won't, I won't." She laughed, feeling him brush her bed hair out of her eyes.

They laid there staring at one another for a few minutes in silence but they knew it was a saddening silence. Today was the day they would say goodbye. Adrien pulled her into his arms, letting her lay her head on his chest. Their breathing played a duet back and forth as they sat there in silence until a knock at the door caused them to both sit up.

"Yes?" He said, knowing that they wouldn't come inside.

"Get dressed Adrien, we need to be at the courthouse in thirty minutes," Nathalie said.

Adrien sighed and heard her footsteps walk away and returned his gaze down at Marinette, seeing her give him a worried look.

"If he really is Hawkmoth, where is his Miraculous?" She whispered.

"I'm not sure." He said.

"Want me to go with you today?" She asked, leaning out to look at him and seeing him frowning.

"...yeah. That would... be nice." He said, looking over at her.

She smiled and kissed his cheek, crawling out of his bed and tried fixing her hair. Adrien jumped out of bed and changed clothes while fixing his hair. He turned and saw her transform, smiling as he saw her jumping out of his window. He knew she would meet him outside of the gate, he knew Nathalie wouldn't argue with his wishes either, especially since everything he has gone through.

"Good morning Adrien. How did you sleep?" She asked.

"Fine. Marinette is outside waiting. She is coming to the courthouse with us. I want her to be there with us." He said, walking past.

"Adrien, I don't think-"

"I want her there Nathalie, she's my girlfriend and she has been for a while. She's been helping me through the situation with my Father." Adrien said, glancing over at Nathalie. Nathalie sighed and nodded in agreement, knowing that Adrien was not in the mood to argue.

"Alright, Adrien." She said.

Adrien opened the door and saw Marinette standing outside of the gate waiting for him. He blushed and smiled, opening the gate for her. She stepped aside and watched them step outside the gate.

"Good morning, Marinette." He smiled, pretending like he didn't just see her jump out of his window.

"Good morning Adrien." She smiled back.

Nathalie rolled her eyes and entered the passenger seat as the bodyguard pulled the car around. Adrien opened the car door for Marinette and she slid in and he closed it behind him. He buckled himself in and put his hand on top of hers, trying to distract himself of where he was going.

She smiled and rested her head on his shoulder as the buildings quickly passed by. The car ride there was silent as usual but again it was comforting. The light touch of their fingertips, gripping as their car would hit a speedbump every once in a while.

The car came to a stop and Adrien swallowed, seeing the courthouse outside of the car window. The courthouse was surrounded by Parisians, just waiting to get a glimpse at Hawkmoth and Hawkmoth's son. Marinette gripped his hand and lifted her head letting him know it would be alright, and he took a deep breath. He opened the door and a light flash of sunlight filled his eyes. Not only was the light of the sun in his eyes now, but he was being surrounded by people with cameras being photographed. People were shoving microphones in his face, just trying to get an exclusive interview of Hawkmoth's son.