Chapter 4: Unexpected

"Miraculous Ladybug!" She yelled, letting the thousands of ladybugs swarm the open air of Paris, creating a nice gust of wind as they passed.

Chat noir walked over to Ladybug and stuck his arm out, while Ladybug smiled and did the same, knowing what he was doing, as it was tradition.

"Pound it." They both said.

"See you at 3?" She said, getting her yo-yo out and getting ready to zip away.

"LB? It's almost 3 now, why not just go together?" He asked.

"Wouldn't that look suspicious? You were at school." She rolled her eyes.

"I could say that I ran home during the Akuma fight." He smiled.

She opened her yo-yo and looked at the time and he was right, by the time he would get to the school, he would have to turn around and have to leave. She sighed and nodded to his suggestion.

"After you, Mi'lady." He said, smiling.

She rolled her eyes and smiled, zipping toward his house. He laughed and bolted himself toward his house with his staff and found themselves at his home in a mere few seconds. They detransformed near his home in an alley and walked to the gate. Nathalie opened the gate and he walked her inside, butterflies growing as she grew closer. Adrien opened the front door and looked over at Marinette, her posture was very stiff and her eyes looking at her feet. He smiled and took her hand into his and led her into his bedroom.

"Just sit here, he never comes into my bedroom, so just make yourself at home. I didn't exactly have lunch earlier... haha.." He rubbed the back of his neck, leading her to his couch that sat near the piano.

"What happened?" Marinette asked, confused.

"Well, the conversation that happened at the restaurant is what caused the outburst today at school." He frowned.

"I kinda assumed, but go on." She said, crossing her arms as if she were right.

"She wouldn't listen to me at all. She wanted me to dump you and date her, I couldn't even get to the part where I wanted her opinion about talking to my father." Adrien sighed.

Marinette smiled, and leaned over and kissed his cheek, causing him to look at her confused.

"It's alright Adrien. Go get something to eat." She laughed, hearing his stomach growl. He blushed and walked over to his bedroom door.

"While I go get something, would you like something to drink or something to eat until dinner tonight?" He smiled

"Oh, uh... umm... a drink? Surprise me?" She smiled.

He smiled and nodded, disappearing behind his door, letting her get comfortable. Tikki flew out and looked around, not realizing that Plagg stayed behind as well. Marinette walked around the room and glanced at his knick-knacks. His room was a lot tidier than she would have thought 'chat noir's' room would be. Marinette scanned the room and smiled, she had remembered the times she had been there as Ladybug. The many times they had ran circles around each other and laughed to herself. She walked over to the piano, looking down at the white and black keys. She ran her fingers along the piano and smiled, gently playing a note or two.

"Careful, if his father hears a sour note he will come in here." Plagg laughed, making Marinette jump.

"Oh... it's just you." Marinette sighed.

"Plagg? Why aren't you with Adrien?" Tikki asked.

"He said I could come in here with you. What? It's not like he's that far away?" Plagg rolled his eyes.

"Ugh.." Tikki sighed.

"Aw come on Sugarcube, you know you love seeing me." Plagg smiled, while seeing Tikki roll her eyes.

Marinette giggled, seeing how different they were. Marinette made her way to the window, overlooking Paris, it was a beautiful view after all. She heard footsteps coming up and the door opened.

"Adrien? This view is amazing." She smiled

"What are you doing in my son's room?"

She heard a harsh man's voice behind her and she turned around. Her face went white, and her veins ran cold. It was Gabriel Agreste, standing right in front of her and he did not seem happy.