Chapter 6 - saturday

——Lucy's perspective——
After we left work last night nothing unordinary from my routine happened. I came home, had dinner, watched some tv, showered, brushed my teeth, did skincare, went to bed. It's a Saturday morning, and Jackson doesn't wake me up because he usually sleeps in, whereas I don't get how anyone could change their sleep 2 days a week without falling out of it. I woke up at 6:37, and since when I looked at my phone I remembered that I'd be having coffee with Tim later, I got up instead of staying cozy and reading. I went to the kitchen and looked through the cabinet. Nothing was appealing, so I went to my room and found a cute yet casual cropped black textured  short-sleeve and dark blue denim skirt. I go to the bathroom to go splash some water on my face and then do makeup.

——Tim's perspective——
My alarm for 7:00 goes off. I stretch and get out of my bed. I get dressed in a short-sleeved black button up and dark blue jeans. I fill a pot with hot water to prepare for Lucy. I decide to also make us some breakfast incase she's hungry. I don't really have much, tomorrow's grocery day. I find some pancake mix and strawberries. I get out a big pan and make 6 large strawberry pancakes. I turn on the microwave for 30 seconds and now that it's warmed up, I put the pancakes in so they don't get cold while Lucy comes. I then clean up the giant mess I made with the mix, and I turn on the coffee pot. It's 7:51 by the time I'm done with all that so Lucy should get here soon.

——Lucy's perspective——
After I finish getting ready I leave a note on the counter so Jackson doesn't worry when he wakes up to an empty house, then get on the road. As I'm pulling out of my apartment I think I see something out of the corner of my eye. I slow down to get a look. I think I'm watching some drug thing? I pull into a parallel parking spot. I text Angela, because I think she mentioned grey approved her doing some OT today.
——Lucy & Angela's texts——
L: Hey Angela? I just pulled out of my house and there seems to be some sort of drug deal going on... your on the clock, right?
A: yeah, I'm the next road over ATM. I'll be on it. Go relax! It's Saturday, your off. I'll handle it.
L: kk!

——Lucy's perspective——
I see angela's shop turn the corner so I pull back into the road, and continue to Tim's. If Angela wasn't on the clock I probably would have just handled it myself despite it being my day off. I continue the drive and make it to Tim's.

——Tim's perspective——
I hear a knock at the door and know who it is before I hear her calling out "Tim! It's Lucy!" And I rush to let her in. When I open the door I'm greeted by Lucy looking up at me. "I already prepped some coffee, and some strawberry pancakes if you're interested?" "Oh my gosh yess, I didn't have breakfast yet because I have nothing good at home. You're the best, Tim" I grab her hand and sit her on the couch. I notice our outfits kind of match. Same colors. I then notice Kojo go up to her and she's enjoying his company. I'm glad I made the pancakes. I go grab us plates and mugs of coffee. I know exactly how she likes it because I've listened to her order for us a million times in the mornings. I back walk over to the couch and put the plates and mugs that I precariously balanced on my arms down on the coffee table. "Sleep well?" I ask.
"Mhm, you?" She says, still petting the dog.
"Yeah, pretty well."
We talk about work, mostly, as she switches between eating the pancakes and petting Kojo. She's definitely enjoying herself. We also gossip a little about our coworkers. By that I mean she is, I'm more interested in just the sound of her voice rather than the words meaning. I mostly just nod and sip my coffee, while I watch her speak. Once she tells me about all the gossip her brain could hold, I mention, "since it's both our days off, we should probably go out, do somthing, right?"
"Mini-golf." she says.
"Mini-golf?" I respond, confused.
"Yeah! Mini-golf. I really like it, but I havnt went since the training academy" then she quickly adds "but if you don't want to we don't have to it was just a suggestion!"
"No, we can go, I just didn't expect it." I don't really care where we go as long as we don't waste the day. As long as I'm with Lucy, making her happy, I'm not wasting the day.
"Soo mini golf it is?" Lucy asks.
I nod and smile as I grab our plates and mugs, and place them in the dishwasher. I then grab a tote bag I had pre-packed, for going out. I had sunblock, a portable charging block, a box of band-aids, a pack of gum, that kind of stuff.  It's not super organized but it works fine. I toss my phone in and lead her out to my car. "Do you have a specific course we should go to?"
"No, just the closest."
She pulls out her phone and point to it on the map. I know how to get there, I know this place within a 50 mile radius like it's the back of my hand. It's part of the job.

——Lucy's perspective——
Just a week ago, I never would have thought about spending my Saturday having breakfast at Tim's, then going mini-golfing with him. I'm happy I am though. I'm also happy that my first time mini-golfing since the academy would be with him. It's a pretty short ride, and once we park we both get out. "I bet I'll win!" I tell him. "You think you can beat the one and only Tim Bradford!? Not a chance." He teases. "We'll see" I say, with a kind of malicious smile.

——Tim's perspective——
"Where do we get the golf ball wacking sticks?" I ask her. I couldn't remember what they were called and chose the most humorous way to ask.
"The what?!?" She says, barely able to stop laughing. "The golf clubs," she corrects me. "And we get them over here," she continues, "after we pay for a round" once we get that dealt with we go to the course. Hole 1, we both get it in one. Hole 2 we also tie. Hole 3, she gets it in two shots and I get it in three. Hole four the opposite, we're tied again. We go through the course, usually tied or one point off. We approach hole 16, the final hole. We are tied. Lucy goes first. 1. 2. 3. I go next. 1. 2. I take my time on the 3rd shot. I look at the ball, the hole, the club. I hit the ball. It almost goes in. Lucy just beat me! I slapped my forehead. Damnit. I got it in 4. "That was so fun!" She says. "No fair! I was unfocused" "excuses!Nobody beats Lucy Chen, the mini-golf master!" She says, smiling at me. Even though I lost I guess I still did have a lot of fun. We turn in the clubs, and then get back in the car and go to lunch. We just get chipotle and eat at a black painted metal table outside. Every time I look at her I realize how much I love her. I think about how much of the right choice I made to start seeing her.

——Lucy's perspective——
Once we finish lunch, we get back in the car. "we should go back to your place so I can get my car, I promised Jackson I'd watch a true crime documentary with him this afternoon." That's one of the things I mentioned in the note on the counter "had enough of my face?" He teases "who would I be to break a promise to him?" Laughing as I say it.

Once we get to his house, where my car is, I get out and walk to Tim's window. "I'll see you tomorrow with our friends at the bar tomorrow, Right?" I ask him
"Of course, why would I cancel?" He replied
"Just making sure!" I smile at him and he watches me walk to my car.
I drive home. The roads of mid-Wilshire are thankfully quiet, and once I reach the apartments I make it upstairs to mine just fine. I go in and I see Jackson "had fun? What the hell are you even doing leaving so early on a Saturday? You're crazy Lucy." He says teasing. "I was just running errands. You know I'm a morning person" I say, I think he knows I'm lying because nobody comes home from errands that happy. I walk to the kitchen and make some microwave-popcorn. The afternoon doesn't stray from my typical Saturdays. Watch tv until dinner time, make something to eat, and just regular Saturday things. I relaxed and enjoyed the time off work. I do really love my job but I also love weekends like anyone else. Once the sun sets I head to bed, but it takes me a long time to fall asleep because I'm exited to hang out with all our co-workers. This technically is supposed to be a celebration for us becoming P2's it's the first time most of us were all available. Tim, Angela, and Harper also get new rookies the following Monday, so in a way it's also celebrating that. I do eventually get myself to sleep.