chapter 37

Anxiety hung thick in the air as Rain and Phayu paced the hospital waiting room, their hearts heavy with worry for Sky. Each passing minute felt like an eternity, the silence broken only by the rhythmic ticking of the clock on the wall.

Phayu's hands clenched into fists at his sides, his mind plagued by a million what-if scenarios. "I can't believe this is happening," he muttered, his voice strained with emotion.

Rain placed a comforting hand on Phayu's shoulder, his own heart heavy with concern. "We have to stay positive," he urged, though uncertainty lingered in his tone.

As they waited anxiously for news, memories of their time with Sky flooded their minds – the laughter, the shared moments of joy, the unbreakable bond forged through friendship and love. Each memory served as a reminder of how much Sky meant to them and how desperately they hoped for his recovery.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, a doctor emerged from the emergency room, their hearts leaping into their throats at the sight of her. With bated breath, they awaited her verdict, their hopes and fears hanging in the balance.

The doctor approached them with a solemn expression, her words weighing heavily on their hearts. "Sky is stable for now," she began, her voice gentle but grave. "But we need to run some tests to determine the cause of his illness."

Relief washed over Rain and Phayu at the news of Sky's stability, but their worries were far from over. With a shared nod of understanding, they followed the doctor as she led them to Sky's room, their hearts heavy with concern for their friend's well-being.

As they entered the room, they found Sky lying pale and weak in the hospital bed, his eyes fluttering open at their arrival. Relief flooded their hearts at the sight of him awake, but they knew that the road to recovery would be long and uncertain.

Gathering around Sky's bedside, they offered him words of comfort and reassurance, their presence a silent vow of unwavering support in his time of need. And as they settled in to wait by his side, they knew that no matter what challenges lay ahead, they would face them together, bound by the unbreakable bonds of friendship and love.