Chapter 009: Hidden Gems of People

Chapter Theme Music: Autumn Leaves ~ Zero Project

<11/30/149,558 {Avion 148} - 14:22 | Corral Position, Genosis, Altiri Sector Space>
<Karnak to ACS414 Date Equivalent: 11/30/2002>

It goes without saying; with time comes change. I used to believe otherwise, when The Unity stagnated in a cycle of mourning and recovery for tens of thousands of years, my soul along with them. I'd thought such change would still progress slowly and gradually, even among the human empires we continued to watch; how wrong I was!

So far, there have been 14 total purges in our shared history between the Altiri and the Humans, a number that is soon to rise even higher, while our collective observation of ACS414 becomes even more popular. Though it was learned much later from filtered data given by the Royal Scryers, it turns out that these collection of purges had a few dramatic effects on the sociology of humankind...

As if most of us are really surprised. The human race doesn't need to collectively become aware of our presence in order to be influenced by The Unity. Things have become more interesting over time however, because one of the biggest changes to come from the purge experiment was the adoption of our own language as a popular form of verbal communication. Humans now call this language English, and believe it somehow originated from within their own history. Even though the shared language ratio is not one-to-one in all forms of English, this has given us amazing insight into how they behave, think, learn, and evolve over time.

We now understand them. We now hear their voice, feel their heart, and see their world anew, at least among the targets we track who prefer to speak this language, our language.

None of us have tried to learn any alternate variant of human language, nor do we plan to. Because of this change among a few others, purging human females has become more popular of an idea than it used to be. However, our aggressor group, the Cy-Stars, under my leadership, vowed to never invoke a purge on any other person for any reason. Instead, we stick to the stars, displaying the countless lives of those most interesting to our clairvoyant eyes and our clairaudient ears.

Human technology has also been evolving at a quicker, more accelerated rate, with assurance it has nothing to do with our purging. Although, their interest in the stars above may have been influenced partially by our own influence, gradual and minuet as it may have been. Already have they launched into space, using what primitive tools and fuel they could. They still have a long way to go before reaching our technological equivalents, though a few specific scientific fields of study have advanced beyond even our own, such as cellular biology - and to some degree, mineralogy, though we still excel in physics.

I normally would not even mention our advancement in psionics over them, but the Purge of 1903 seems to have shared some of our scryer information on psionics and the Astral Plane. As a result, many humans have been interested in the ideas of ESP abilities and psychic powers, though their actual sciences on the matter have not progressed far enough for strong accreditation, sadly. I would have personally been wishing for humanity to evolve to a point where psionic powers could be understood by them, let alone proven to exist in the first place, though many false pretenders of such abilities have also cropped up, tarnishing the reputation of psychic powers to a point where no serious scientific team on the subject would receive serious attention or funding, even by a big governmental department. I still wonder if they deserve to know, the billions of humans who are unaware of those we purge, unaware of the rare humans amongst them who telepathically speak with us. The queen goes through strict measures to ensure this never happens, but I have to wonder what would change if word did somehow get out, in a manner most plausible at least.