12

Venus was the first to step foot into the time machine, with Goku climbing in after her. "Hey this time machine is too small for the five us?" Goku scratched his head.

"Unless we just squeeze in," Venus recommended.

The others hopped in, tightly squeezing each other until Venus got out, "Yeah there's no way this is gonna fit all five of us."

"Then Gohan should stay," Goku placed his hands on his hips.

"What?!" Venus frowned.

"Gohan, realistically how much have you been training the last year?"

"Well, uh-"

"That doesn't matter, Gohan gets stronger in battle," Venus defended him.

"That's true but we obviously can't all fit in the time machine and we need you more."

"It's fine, I'll stay here and take care of Pan."

"But-"

"Just go."

Venus sighed in defeat, she wrapped her arms around Gohan and placed a soft kiss on his cheek. She got inside the time machine, with Vegeta and Goku following after her, and then finally Trunks got in.

The four of them waved everyone goodbye and in a matter of seconds, the four Saiyans arrived in Trunks's future.

Venus looked around with her inner eyebrows raised. The entire city was dark, almost every single building was completely reduced to rubble. Their home was destroyed, with only about twenty five percent of it still in tact.

The city was so quiet. Venus had never heard any silence in West City, not even at night when everyone was asleep.

"So this is your future?" she lifted her eyes and met Trunks's.

"Yeah," he replied.

The wind blew heavily, causing dust to land on them. "No wonder you left," Venus dusted herself off.

Trunks turned his head and blinked, his mouth opening in disbelief as he ran across the street.

"Trunks?" Venus raised an eyebrow.

Trunks kneeled and grabbed a green beanie off the ground. "What's wrong?" Vegeta asked.

"This is Mai's," Trunks stood back up, "she was right here when I left."

"Mai's?" Vegeta turned to face Venus.

"The little annoying girl that thinks she lives with us," Venus reminded her father.

"Oh," Vegeta turned his head.

They soon heard multiple cocking sounds of guns and looked to their right to see multiple men aiming their guns at Goku.

Goku looked up with his brows raised once they fired the bullets at him. Trunks quickly flew up and pulled his sword out, slicing the bullets and making them explode.

"Plan B! This is for everyone you've killed! Eat lead murderer!" the soldiers pulled up to their side and aimed their guns at Goku once again.

"Hold your fire!" Trunks stopped them, "This man isn't Black!"

The soldiers paused and looked over at Trunks, "What?! It's Commander Trunks!"

Two of the soldiers made their way over to them and stood in front of Goku, eyeing him up and down. "Sorry we almost took you out but you really do look almost exactly like Black."

"Your friend having that mean looking face didn't help a lot either," one of the soldiers said, refusing to make eye contact with Vegeta.

"You see Vegeta they say it's your face's fault!" Goku faced him.