Pilot: Part 1

We're the pogues. And our mission this summer is to have a good time all the time.

John B sips a cup of beer looking down from the rooftop he is standing on. He balances on one leg for fun. Holding the other over the side.

Pope says "That's what, a three-story fall to the deck? I give you about a one-in-three chance of survival."

"Hmm.." my brother puts his finger up thinking. "Should I do it?" He asks us. I just drink my coke instead.

"Yeah, you should jump, I'll shoot you on the way down." Pope pointing a screwdriver up at him.

I roll my eyes.

"You'll shoot me?"

"Yep"

"Pew!" John B imitates a finger gun.

"Yeah, and while getting 'shot' you'll also break a few limbs in the process." I say sitting in one of the beach chairs on the deck next to Pope. I also have my feet up on some table. I used air quotes with my fingers on the word shot.

"Yeah whatever," says John B smiling.

I see Kiara starts walking in. "They're gonna have Japanese toilets with towel warmers." throwing her hands up

"Of course they are. Why wouldn't they?" says Pope.

Kie continues, "This used to be a turtle habitat, but who cares about the turtles I guess?" Standing in front of Pope. Of course.. When it comes to Kie you know it's Turtles.

JJ states, "I can't have cold towels." Very much sarcastically.

Kie turns to face him, and then sees John B up on the roof, looking up at him she says. "Can you please not kill yourself."

I scoff. "That's what I've been saying. Thank you Kie, the only sensible one here."

"No, you just said what would happen if I fell, not telling me to get down." My brother tells me from on the roof.

"Man, warning you is the same thing as telling you not to do something." I tell him.

I hear Pope mutter, "Dramaaa."

Just before John B is about to give another comeback JJ interrupts him. "Don't spill that beer. I'm not giving you another one." Holding a beer of his own too. John B may be a little too adventurous, but of course having your older brother with you makes it so you can't underage drink beer. Even though they are underage drinking too. Which is why I have a coke in my hand. Unfair.

John B not paying attention loses his balance and drops his beer can. "Whoa! Oh, shit."

"Of course you did." JJ says with a little tone to his voice.

Kiara smiles, "Smooth."

John B just is looking down mad at himself, he mutters a few words angry and groans.

"A plus," says Pope.

I scoff at my brother's clumsy mistake. "Dumbass." That's what he gets for not letting me drink.

Pope looks over the edge and sees a car pull up. Out walks two police men. One yells, "Hey!" and Pope tells us, "Hey, uh security's here." Pats the railing. "Let's wrap it up." A little shakiness to his voice. That's a classic Pope. The good kid in the group. Looking out for us so we don't get in trouble.

At the same time John B says, "Boys are early today." and JJ says, "Humpty Dumpty let's roll." Both the boys moving out and getting down from the house. "Yeah," John B says in reply.