Pilot: Part 2

"Well, that was fun." JJ says. I shake my head. Pope is driving the boat, John B is sitting on the back ledge next to me with his feet propped up, Kiara is sitting on the side ledge, while JJ is in the front. He chuckles, "Could have warned us sooner though."

"We would have except Pope was on the math team," Kiara says.

"You were on the math team?" John B asks.

Dismissing his question Pope says, "The cops took everything like it was a crime scene."

"Maybe it's bigger than we think," I state. My brother just shrugs.

"Did you guys find anything?" Pope asks.

"Did we find anything?" JJ repeats, "No I don't think so." He then grabs a gun and a stack of cash out his pocket. "Oh yeah we did." My mouth drops and my eyes widen. "This kid," I mutter to myself, putting my hands to my face. John B must've heard me because he chuckled a bit.

"What the hell?" Pope exclaims, walking over to JJ.

"Dude what!" Kiara asks, surprised.

"Dude chill. Come on." JJ says.

"Why take that from a crime scene?" Pope asks.

"Better than the cops having it."

"You serious," Kiara says to John B and I, but I can tell it is mainly directed towards my brother. His face just drops like he got scolded or came to realization.

"I'm gonna lose my merit scholarship," Pope says seriously.

"Hey, hey, hey. Sh, sh, sh, sh, sh." JJ puts his hand around his shoulder and the gun up to Pope's lip for a second, until Pop flinches. "At least you have us right?"

"I'm living the nightmare," Pope pushes JJ away and sits back down.

...

The Pogues and I are just chilling on this dock with some other pogues. JJ is standing on some cooler with his hand on the roof, Kie is sitting on a cooler, Pope is leaning against a counter, while John B is sitting on the counter. I'm sitting next to John B closer to JJ and Kie. We see some dead guy getting rolled out on a stretcher.

John B asks the question most of us are asking, "Who's that?"

Some random girl answers, "It's Scooter Grubbs. He was out during the storm. Check out this pic I got. Dead body." She shows us her phone.

"What kind of boat did he have?" JJ asks.

"Somehow, that dirt bag copped a brand-new Grady-White." The girl answers. "Everyone's out looking for it."

...

We're back at home, sitting on the porch. John B is flipping an empty beer bottle. Kie is messing with some lighter. JJ is just sitting on a couch. And I'm messing with my "C" necklace. I do that a lot when I'm nervous, or just bored. I see Pope running up and opens the door. "Okay, so um.. We didn't see anything. We don't know anything, We need to have total and complete amnesia." He tells us.

"Actually, Pope's right for once. See, I agree with you sometimes." JJ says.

"Sometimes, as in never," I say, interrupting him smirking.

He hesitates and points a finger at me, "I-" he thinks, "whatever, but we should deny, deny, deny."

"Guys we can't keep that money." Kiara states.

"Okay. Not all of us can afford unlimited data plans, Kiara." JJ tells her seriously.

"We have to pass that off to Lana Grubbs. Otherwise, it's bad karma," Kiara says.