Chapter.12. Pain

Tears slip from my eyes as my legs gave up. Familiar arms circle round me keeping my body from falling flat on the ground. The pain was so great I didn't have anything smart to tell Safe as he picked me up.

"It hurt bad, really bad. Make it stop". At this point I was screaming as the pain intensify, pulling at anything I could lay my hands on.

"Put yourself to use and get a fucking doctor". Safe snapped at the young soldier. The young man snapped out of his daze rushing to do as his commander said.

I was in so much pain that I didn't even care if he yell down the whole house as long as It got the pain to stop.

"What's going on?" Grandpa's worried voice echo in the empty hallway as Safe makes quick movement to get me to the room I woke up in.

My mind did sway to the fact that Safe didn't break a sweat carrying my curvy self to the room without as much as a grunt or it might just be the circumstances.

"Get a damn doctor" He yelled at a shock Osage who had a worried express painted on his face but snapped out of it as Safe spoke.

" What did you do to my granddaughter?" Grandpa questioned Safe as his footsteps drew nearer.

Safe didn't regards grandpa question as he gently lay me down. "where's the doctor?". Safe yelled at the empty door just as a woman dressed in blue scrub came rushing in with a medical kit in one hand and a stethoscope in the other.

She quickly got to work, taking over Safe's position beside me. "Where does it hurt?".

He question was answered by  Safe instead. " Are you blind" . The doctor slightly jumped at the rude remark. The doctor went quiet then turn to the men standing at my door.

"Can you excuse us, please" she quietly ask as another pain temporally paralyze me.

"No" I didn't know who exactly side it but I knew someone did. The doctor open her mouth to say something else but snapped it shut when another cry escape my lips.

Her focus turned to me as she tear my trouser open letting the tear end on my knew as she assess my injury asking me questions.

"When did it happen?"

"Yesterday " Safe answered irritated as I grind my teeth as  complete pain took over my body.

The doctor didn't ask any more questions not wanting to get Safe more angry.

"Ahh...." Another wave of pain hit me as dizziness takes over. My breath became laboured just as the room became more tense. A slight prick to my skin told me the doctor didn't fail to take notice of the increase in pain.

"This would help with the pain". She whispers giving me a friendly smile,I tried to return the smile but the pain was too much.

"Take calm breath for me. In and out". She said cleaning the wound.

I nodded, taking deep breath in and gradually releasing it. She cheered me encouraging me to take more oxygen then releasing a healthy dose of carbon dioxide.

I closed my eyes repeating the exercise as each one produced encouragement from the friendly doctor. It didn't take long for the pain to subside, gradually turning to dull ache that was accompanied by headache.

My body relax, exhausted from all the pain and stressful activities it went through.

"It's ok you can rest". Those words was the best doctor prescription I've had in a long time and I took every opportunity in swallowing it .

"Hmm...". I hummed letting sleep take care.

..................

Low whispering of voices made me blink my eyes open, thankful for the dim light that decorated the room.