Shinigami

It wasn't long before L left in the morning, always working, doing something. Just sometimes, I wish he would notice me in the sense or in the same way I see him. I slowly sat up from my bed, looking over at the TV, which still had the same news playing but something more light-hearted, the 7 am news going on and on about last night and now to keep "your" family safe. I heaved, looking around the hotel room before making coffee. Still, the only thing that was on my mind was L. He was so lovely to me and so caring, and yet all of this is risking his own life just to keep me safe and keep the world safe.

"Breaking news: We were asked to play the "No" tape. Please note if small children are in the room, and please leave." The news reporter spoke before switching to playing the tape.

"Didn't want to be something important to be something greater than the world we live in? Fine. L must show up on TV. It is either his life or yours. Make your move," Kria hissed through the screen, sending waves of fear down my spine. They want to kill L just when I thought we could be something together.

"You have four days, L. Make. Your. Move." Kris's voice was like nails being hammered into my brain as I let out a small gasp. There is no way in this living hell that we are forced to walk in that L is going to give up his life so easily to save this case...or at least I pray that he doesn't. I can't say I love L, but I don't want to be away from him. It's such a stupid little crush that it makes no sense. He's so caring in his ways, so protective but not obsessive. He hasn't killed anyone because they spoke to me. I wanted to call him, but just having a feeling of danger isn't an emergency to call him to rant about not wanting him to die. I'm not his wife; I can't just beg him to come home safe and sound.

I let out another sigh, feeling the pain of the moment sink into my skin and fall on my face...I don't want to lose him, but I can't stop him. I stared at the TV for what felt like hours, just watching what could have been my life ripped away from me L wanting to risk his life just to save all of ours, or maybe it's just me being selfish, wanting him to stay I never wanted him to leave from last night still feeling the gentle kiss he plastered on my head before going back to work... that's all he does is work, isn't it. I let out another sigh. Just looking at the TV kept making me uneasy, hearing Kria's voice ringing in my head repeatedly, pounding. I turned to face the phone as the ringing wasn't Krias's voice, the emergency phone going off. I made my way over, thankful for the brought back to reality it caused.

"Hello?" I asked, confused, but then again, who else would call me?

"Hey, Y/N, I need you to forget about going to school for a while," L's voice said, slightly shaky, which I noted as I raised a brow.

"What do you mean, why?" I questioned, annoyed. I didn't want to be restricted, but L isn't allowed to do that unless there's a reason.

"There's a chance there's another Kria, and well," L paused as my eyes widened, releasing a small gasp.

"We can't have you leaving the hotel for a bit as well, as we will be seeing Light more often," L declared as I kept listening. I didn't like to think about the night I spent with Light, but every time I saw him, my past moans flashed back into my mind, the sound of his grunts with the bed squeaking underneath us.

"So the thing I need to ask you and what I know will be hard for you," L added as he seemed to ponder his own words.

"You have to keep the act that you and Light are more than just a one-night thing. He believes you love him, so just go along with it; it'll make our lives so much easier," L spoke as I listened, feeling my skin crawl at the idea of cuddling with Light again of having to act like I love him to act like I have the crush on him the same one I have one L.

"Yeah... sure, just give me a little to think about that; it's just a lot to process," I noted as L agreed, hanging up the phone. I felt my heartbeat race and burn underneath my skin, and my blood pumping made me headlight. I grabbed the hotel phone again, letting the ringing sound fill my ears. I need to calm down something just to feel a little less stressed and less in danger. What did he mean there's a chance to be another Kria... there's more. The thoughts ran through my head like a bull as I called the hotel service.