Take it slow.

"He is single and looking for a girlfriend, so how about a little help?" The light turned to his friends, teasing the officer.

"Wait, no!" the officer yelled at Light, embarrassed by the teasing. Light's friends chuckled and laughed.

"Amusing Light," I managed to let out a fake smile. I didn't try to give this man the satisfaction of a laugh as we started walking, leading through the crowds. Light's hand stuck in with mine, keeping me close to him as he led the group, the officer not far behind me. I hated this. It just never feels right, not with Light. It feels like I've been kidnapped by some monster that is showing me off like I'm some trophy wife he bought. His grip around my hand was like I was some small child forced to follow.

"You okay, beloved?" Light asked as I stared at the buildings we passed, feeling the anger boil inside my heart.

"Yeah, I'm okay, Honey." The words stung my tongue, making me want to throw up the cake bites. L hands me the sweet treats he enjoys. I felt the cameras' eyes touch my skin as we approached the Note Blue. I tried my hardest to love up onto Light, grabbing his shirt sleeve and arm and nuzzling my head against it, but it never felt right. I wish it were L that I was doing this with being seen with him in public to be a real couple. My eyes darted between the rows of people, seeing no one with notebooks, not a single soul.

"I've seen nothing, Light," I whispered as the officer spoke up.

"Agreed. I think it's time we head back. It looks like NoteBlue is clear," the officer added.

"Fair enough, I haven't found anything out of place either," Light agreed as we returned to the car.

***

"Sorry, L. We found nothing out of the norms or anyone holding a journal that could have become a threat." The officer spoke once we entered the hotel room. His light hand still gripped mine, keeping me away from L and on the other side of him.

"Well, that's alright. The others didn't seem to have found anything as well," L added as he sipped the glass of tea that he held gently, looking over at me holding up the glass.

"Would you like some tea, Cherish?" L asked, my face flushing as I watched Lights' face glare at him.

"She's fine," Light responded as I looked down at the ground, embarrassed and ashamed.

"If we were in two places and found nothing," Another officer spoke up, trying to change the subject to something else.

"All we have to rely on is the game on the 30th, and even then, we have no idea that the other Kria will show up to that," the other officer grumbled as L looked around the room as if thinking.

"We have nothing worth reporting or even a suspect."

"I didn't see anyone as a threat there either," I added, my voice soft and kept down. Everyone in the room seemed to be on edge, and who could blame the officers? There's a killer out there and now a copycat, leaving the danger levels twice as high. Light being one of the suspects could be an issue. Who's the other Kria, and why does he want to meet the real Kria so severely? Obsession is all that I could assume as to why. I watched L thinking, drinking the tea he held close.

"Excuse me, L." Watari interrupted as everyone turned to the TV.

" I have a report that Sukra TV has revised another message from the second Kria."

"Wonderful, Watari, please play it," L affirmed, looking over at the TV as I felt chills creep down my back.

"I'm happy to say that I have found Kria, and for all the people in the television station and police department, I would like to thank you very much," The voice from the TV with the delicate K font plastered on the screen. I pulled away from Light, gasping my mind, just screaming that Light was the threat. Something in my mind wanted me to get far away from that man, no matter what happened to me or how he reacted. As the rest of the task force, or at least the ones that stuck around long enough to help with this case, all of them had their eyes looking at the screen in horror and L, who seemed stoned. How could this happen? Nothing was out of the nor, and everything was fine. No one had notebooks, and they all seemed harmless. I took in a deep breath, trying to keep my mind clear. I stared at the screen in horror and fear for my own life.