𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

crazy long sorry not sorry

"Do you think it will have Netflix? Or a jacuzzi?" Daniel goes on, walking up the stairs while holding Mushroom in his arms. Cherry rolls her eyes, as does Sean.

"Dude, this is a motel, not an Airbnb. If we're lucky, it'll have cable and a hot shower."

"I need a shower, man," Cherry sighs at the thought. Daniel runs ahead of them, pointing at one of the doors.

"Sean, look! Room 10! I found it!"

"No shit, Sherlock Diaz." Cherry smacks him upside the head, stopping him for a moment. "What was that for!?"

"Be nice, stupid." He grumbles something under his breath but doesn't say anything else. He opens the door, letting them in before shutting the door behind him and locking it.

"Check it out! It even has a bathtub!" Daniel exclaims. Cherry moves to the bed on the left. She lays down with a tired sigh, easily kicking off her shoes.

"Good. I'm gonna throw you in, cave boy," Sean says. He digs in his bag, pulling his charger out of his bag. Cherry watches him before doing the same.

"We can watch TV, too. And there's a balcony! Whoa, this is nice! And warm!" Daniel goes on, placing himself and Mushroom on the other bed.

"Hey." She gains Sean's attention by waving her phone and charger in the air. He opens his hands for her, and she tosses them in response, Sean catching them with ease. He plugs them into the wall before taking off his shoes as well.

"Alright. I'm going to run a bath. We totally reek."

"Oh, cool! HAWT DAWG MAN IS ON! Oh, I remember this episode! Weird it's on so late. You should sit down and watch it with me!" He waves over at his brother. Sean rolls his eyes but sits beside his brother. Cherry gets up with a yawn.

"I'll start the bath for you, Dani," she says, the boy so immersed in the episode that he only responds with a hum. Sean goes to say something, but she waves him off. "Have some bonding time." He mouths a quick thank you before asking Daniel about the episode.

She shuts the bathroom door before starting the water. She lets it run for a while, waiting for it to get hot before she plugs the drain. When she spots a small bottle of bubble bath soap, she smiles happily before dumping half of it into the water. The bubbles start to form immediately.

Then she spots herself in the mirror, though it takes a bit of effort, and all she can do is stare at herself. Sean was right about her eyes, and she's not sure how to feel about it. Random items of nature are stuck in her hair, but she doesn't have anything to help her fix it. She reminds herself she'll need to buy some hair products if she's able to next time. If not, she may have to cut it all off. "I don't think I'd look good as a lesbian," she mumbles to herself. She turns on the sink faucet, washing the dirt and scum off her face at least. Still, looking at herself makes her want to shrink and disappear. "We're on the run, and I'm fucking worried about my looks," she scoffs to herself. Still, the feeling lingers in her stomach. She turns off the water before going back to the room, seeing Daniel go through his new bag.

"Yuck, Sean!" She watches as he pulls something out. "There's a condom in my bag! Gross!" Her jaw drops as Sean moves to pull it from his grasp, embarrassment written on his expression.

"Don't touch that!" When he and her make eye contact, she watches his face turn an even brighter shade of red.

"Um-" she clears her throat. "The bath's ready, Daniel."

"Can I finish this episode first?"

"No, you smell so bad," Sean says. Daniel rolls his eyes before picking up Mushroom.