Chapter 1-2

=== 18 YEARS AGO ===

Minato dashed at the cloaked individual.

After what happened, he needed answers. Capturing him was the only thing on his mind.

He dashed in with his tri-pronged kunai. They met in the middle in a clash of weapons. Minato engaged in melee to keep the other party from being able to cast any surprises. The two of them only needed one hand to keep their weapons. The other hand was free to cast jutsu, but Minato only needed to pull out his arsenal of prepped seals- which would outpace any technique the other could do.

And he was right.

Minato interrupted the hand seals by tagging his chakra seal on him.

Only for the seal to phase through.

What!?

"Impressive plan, Hokage-sama. Limiting your opponent's options by engaging in melee. Then use the threat of your seals in close combat to beat them."

Minato glared.

"Unfortunately for you, you're up against me."

The world shook as something raged in the distance. The Yellow Flash jerked back and saw the rampaging tailed-beast near Konoha's walls.

"You might want to deal with that."

"You fucking bastard!" Minato couldn't help but slip one of the few curses he ever would in his life.

The Yondaime Hokage flashed away, leaving behind his opponent. The man wearing a swirling mask tilted his head at the blonde's retreat.

He was lucky. That seal would've interrupted his chakra system, disabling him from using ninjutsu- and more importantly- Kamui.

"Now, time to watch the show."

Obito would watch the Hidden Leaf fall from the Kyuubi no Kitsune before he grabbed its jinchuuriki away from the village. He doubted Konoha would truly fall against a partially released bijuu, but weakening them would help him in the future.

.

.

.

The plan failed.

Obito stood in front of the two unconscious shinobi on the ground.

Are you shitting me?

Despite his genjutsu on the Kyuubi, the Yondaime and his wife were still able to deal with the rampaging tailed-beast.

How could they have sealed the Kyuubi away? She was supposed to be weak after giving birth!

Watching the bijuu disappear in front of his very eyes threw all of Obito's plans backward. He didn't have the Kyuubi- and now Konoha's forces were out in full force.

All isn't lost.

Konoha's jinchuuriki was unconscious right before him. Obito could simply whisk the red Uzumaki away and nobody could stop him.

So why did it feel like the Kyuubi's presence was still in the area?

Wait.

Obito walked closer to the wailing baby on the crib.

No wonder they were able to seal it away. They didn't use their weakened jinchuuriki. They sealed the Kyuubi into their child!

The drying seal on top of the blonde baby, combined with the malevolent energy slowly dispersing from it, confirmed his suspicions.