Chapter 3-1

=== NINE-TAILS SEAL ===

Naruto curled deeper into Kurama's fur.

"..."

Kurama looked at the traumatized child clutching at his pelt. It had been this way for the past month ever since Naruto had lost his eyesight to Black Zetsu's plan.

"Brat."

"..."

"Brat, if you don't start taking me seriously, then I can't help you."

"...what will it even do? I can barely move around. It's so hard to eat and I have to rely on Karin and Tobi for help..." Naruto whimpered.

"You said they exchanged your eyes with an Uchiha. The Sharingan is a powerful eye. It needs a suitable vessel that can support it. Your body needs to become strong."

At least, that's what Kurama assumed. He didn't know a thing about human physiology.

"...how do I become strong?"

"Weren't you training with that man Tobi? You were getting stronger the more you practiced ninjutsu."

Naruto had stopped training in the past month after he became depressed. Tobi's attempts at cheering him up weren't effective.

"You want me to continue...?"

"How else will you get stronger? I can't train you if you won't even try."

"You...you can train me?"

"My power is stronger than that little Sharingan. If you can't even grow strong enough to adjust to it, then how will I teach you how to use mine?"

"What can your power do?"

"Heh, I won't tell you until you get strong enough brat. Just know I can destroy entire mountains with just one jutsu."

Kurama's smirk drew Naruto's attention.

"How...how can I become strong enough?"

"Continue your lessons with Tobi tomorrow. Now, we begin training here."

=== GEDO MAZO CAVE ===

Something was different.

Karin watched as the blonde her age dug into the breakfast White Zetsu stole for them. The atmosphere around the boy had changed compared to before.

"Wow! Did something happen to you or what?" Tobi weakly joked as Naruto scarfed down the food. The blonde paused and looked at him before returning to his meal.

Karin stayed silent. She was still scared of her captors. It didn't help that she was inside a strange cave with the large statue for about a month now. Luckily for her, only the cheerful one remained with them.

When the meal was finished, Naruto approached Tobi.

"Can...can I still learn ninjutsu? I know I can't read anymore but I can still learn the hand signs at least..." He asked while twiddling his thumbs.

"OF COURSE!" Tobi jumped up excitedly and ran to get the ninjutsu scrolls. "Let's continue your morning routine! Begin with the big techniques until your chakra pool is low enough to cast small ones, then we can work on your chakra control or a new jutsu!"

Karin blinked.

They...were teaching him?

But then...why did they take his eyes? It would be more difficult to learn without them.