Part 9: Bugs

Outside The Loading Dock, which was a biker bar, Sam was sitting on the hood of the Impala reading a paper about the mysterious death. Y/n was sitting on the driver side with the door open, craving some wood with her switchblade. Dean walks up to them with money in his hand.

"You know we could get day jobs once in a while," Sam pointed out.

"Hunting's our day job and the pay is crap," Dean said, counting his money.

"Wait, you guys are getting paid," y/n asked, joking.

"I wish," Dean chuckled.

"Yeah, but hustling pool, credit card scams? It's not the most honest thing in the world, Dean," Sam said.

"Well, let's see," Dean said as he put his hands out in front of him. "Honest, fun and easy." He then moves his hands like a scale, leaning towards the fun and easy side. "It's no contest. Besides, we're good at it. It's what we were raised to do. Plus y/n has done the same crap in the past and I don't see you scolding her. Hell, she's done more scandalous shit than me."

"What," Sam said in disbelief as he looked at y/n.

"Dean, don't you dare," y/n said, glaring at him.

"What? You really thought I would forget about Club Ice Box," Dean said as y/n got embarrassed.

"Clube Ice Box," Sam said confused.

"Dean," y/n growled.

"Y/n was a stripper for a night," Dean said.

"Shut up," y/n said as she stood up from her seat.

"Oh, you should have been there Sammy, it was one helluva show," Dean said. "I had no idea how flexible or how much core and upper strength she had before that night. The way she worked made it seem as if she was a Pro."

"I said shut up," y/n said with her face red from embarrassment as she began to hit him.

Dean chuckled as he held y/n back. "We ate like kings that night thanks to the tips. The manager even offered her a job."

Sam was shocked and couldn't believe what he was hearing. Y/n's face was red as a tomato as she was so embarrassed.

"Asshole," y/n grumbled as she walked away.

"Yeah whatever Dork," Dean said as he put his money away.

Sam looks at y/n, feeling bad as it was clear this Club Ice Box memory was something she wanted to forget. He was also upset at Dean for bringing it up but part of him was a bit upset that yet again there's another memory they share that he isn't a part of. It makes it clear that time has passed and y/n has more memories with Dean then him now. And that hurt him a bit.

"We got a new gig or what," Dean asked.

"Maybe," Sam said, focusing on the task at hand. "Oasis Plains, Oklahoma." He gets off the hood of the Impala. "Not far from here. Gas company employee, Dustin Burwash supposedly died from Creutzfeldt-Jakob."

"Huh," Dean said confused.

"It's the fancy name for Human Mad Cow Disease," y/n clarified.

"Mad cow? Wasn't that on Oprah," Dean asked.

"You watch Oprah," Sam asked as he and y/n looked at Dean confused.

Dean looks a bit embarrassed as he didn't mean to admit it. His expression makes y/n grin as it was always nice to see the Badass-Dean Winchester lose his cool. It never fails to make her day.

"So this guy eats a bad burger," Dean said, changing the topic. "Why is it our kind of thing?"

"Mad cow disease causes massive brain degeneration. It takes months, even years for the damage to appear but this guy Dustin. Sounds like his brain disintegrated in about an hour, maybe less," Sam said.