Part 15: Nightmare

Y/n was sleeping in her motel room when she heard knocking on her door. She grumbled, trying to ignore it but the knocking wouldn't stop.

"Y/n, it's Sam. Please wake up," Sam called out, urgently as he knocked rapidly on the door.

Y/n force herself since it seems to be important and walk to the door. She opens it to see Sam in a panic. Before she could even ask what is wrong, he tells her to get packed since they are gonna head to Michigan. Y/n was confused but did as he told her as it was clear something was happening.

Y/n pack her stuff and walk to the Impala and lean on it to wait for the boys. She yawns as she sees the boys walk out. Dean was also tired but Sam told them that they needed to get going. Y/n were still confused while Dean was skeptical but you two went along with the plan due to how panicked Sam is.

The trio haul ass to Michigan and Sam makes a call to get the address of some guy by using his car's license plate. Apparently Sam had a nightmare where this guy died in his car.

"Sammy, relax. I'm sure it's just a nightmare," Dean said.

"Yeah. Tell me about it," Sam said, not believing his brother's words.

"I mean it," Dean stated. "A normal, everyday, naked-in-class nightmare. This license plate, it won't check out. Tell him y/n."

Y/n sighed as she rubbed her tired eyes. "Look Dean, this isn't the first time Sammy has a dream like this. I mean, remember what happened back at your old home and what he told us about Jessica."

"Well yeah, but he was dreaming about our house and his girlfriend," Dean pointed out. "It makes no sense that he's dreaming of some random dude from Michigan. I mean, have you seen him before Sammy?"

"No," Sam said.

"No. Exactly. Why would Sam have premonitions about some random dude in Michigan," Dean asked.

"I don't know," Sam told Dean.

"Me neither. You got a guess y/n," Dean asked.

"No," y/n admitted.

"My point exactly," Dean said.

Sam went back to the call and proved Dean wrong, the license plate did in fact check out. The plate belonged to a man named Jim Miller who lives in Saginaw, Michigan. The operator gave Sam his home address and Sam hung up the phone.

"How far are we," Sam asked Dean.

"From Saginaw? A couple of hours," Dean admitted.

"Drive faster," Sam said.

Dean doesn't protest as he presses on the gas to speed up.

Roughly two hours later the trio arrives to see police and emergency services already at the house. Some people are putting Jim's body in a body bag while witnesses surround the house to see what was happening. They got out of the car to go talk to a few of the witnesses to see if anyone knows anything.

"What happened," Dean asked an older woman.

"Suicide. I can't believe it."

"Did you know him," Sam asked the woman.

"Saw him every Sunday at St. Augustine's. He always seems--seemed so normal. Guess you never know what's going on behind closed doors."

"Guess not," Dean said.

"How are they saying it happened," y/n asked the woman.

"I heard they found him in the garage, locked inside his car with the engine running."

"Do you know about what time they found him," Sam asked the woman.

"It just happened an hour or two ago. His poor family. I can't even imagine what they're going through."