It was close to four years ago when Yu'er and that brat were running around this village. He even promised his little girl that he will marry her when he came back. Even two years ago when he came to visit, he still insisted that she wait for his return from the military to marry her.

Now, his Yu'er was already twenty-one with no husband or children and he just merrily married another women. He will go change and then have a good talk with the Tang patriarch. Though his Chen family is not as prosperous as the Tangs, it doesn't mean that he will allow them bully his precious daughter.

Back in the Chen household, Chen Ruiyu sat on a bench in the courtyard with her face buried in her hands. One could tell from the shaking of her shoulders that she was crying.

"Ai yo, my precious Yu'er. Why are you crying so sadly? That boy doesn't deserve you. It's good that you didn't marry that unfaithful brat." Chen Tianhe consoled his daughter
"He said he was going to marry me. Baba, he asked me to wait for him. How could he do this after he promised me?" Chen Ruiyu had cried till her eyes were swollen. She also didn't want to cry so much, she was not a little girl anymore. But this piece of news seems to squeeze her heart so painfully that all she could do was ball her eyes out. They were tears for the young man she liked. Tears for the years she wasted because of simple promises. Tears for her youth that can never be returned because he asked her to wait. She waited, waited faithfully for his return. And he did return, just not to her.

"It's alright, he doesn't know who he betrayed. You can have someone better than him. You are sad now, but don't let it consume you. I want to go to the Tang family to ask them for an explanation. At least that will help give you some justice." The old father's heart was bleeding for his daughter. If only he be stricter when he saw them together that year. If only he insisted that he married her before Tang Mo went to the military. If only he had done something more, his Yu'er wouldn't be this sad over that boy.

"No Baba, don't go to the Tang family house. Yes, he did promise me, but there is no official betrothal between our two families. Also, he didn't tell his parents because they are strict. The Tang family is not responsible for this. Only Tang Mo let me down, not his family."

Ai, at the end of the day, it's because his Yu'er was so sensible. If only she would act a bit more willful. Hmmm, he doesn't want to blow this up also. Since his Yu'er is still unmarried, it's better not to say anything in case it affects her chances of getting someone who will treat her well.
The world was like this. Though she is the one that was wronged, she is also the one that has to be careful. After all, she is a woman. No matter how good she is, people will still take the man's side.

Old Chen decided to cook dinner since Yu'er is not her best self. Through all her sadness, she was still able to press the oranges into juice with the small device she made last year. Last year, Chen Ruiyu had made a device to help her make juice without using the grind method. She carved wood into two big ladles. They sat stucked together with a small rope woven into holes at the edge. In the middle of the bottom ladle was a small hole big enough for a drop of water to squeeze through but not enough for a seed like that of an orange to go through. She uses it by cutting an orange into two halves. She then places one face down into the bottom ladle. The top ladle is then pressed on top of the half orange to extract the juice through the small hole she made.

Dinner consisted of rice, one vegetable dish, one meat dish and some soup with the orange juice. Once dinner was eaten, both father and daughter went into their respective rooms to bathe and then rest for a while.

By midday the following day, every villager in Mei Gui Hua village knew of the return of the Tang family sons and also Tang Mo's marriage.

"Wait, you are telling me you will not say anything to that traitor?" A very angry Wen Qiqi sat across Chen Ruiyu in a noodle stall. They had come here for lunch and to catch up with each other's lives when Tang Mo's topic came up.

"Qiqi jie, how do you expect me to say anything? Though people from my side knew about our affection, nobody from his side seem to know. I will be the one making trouble if I bring it up to anyone." Looking at Chen Ruiyu and her downcast appearance, Wen Qiqi wished he could beat up that idiot Tang Mo. He had such a wonderful girl like Ruiyu and his eyes still wandered off somewhere until he actually married another person.

"Ai, it seems there is nothing we can do that won't destroy your dignity. Speaking of which, now that he is already married, you should start thinking about your own affairs too. Let Uncle Chen find a matchmaker to help find a good man from a nice family for you." Wen Qiqi knew that she was still sad but couldn't help herself. If that Tang Mo can find a new person then so can her family's Ruiyu.

Chapter 3 done and dusted! I'm getting so hyped up for this story.
Comment, like and share the story link to your friends and mutuals. Thank you lovelies 😘