𝙫𝙞. 𝙪𝙧𝙜𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙘𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙨.

A call was heard from the ringer, Evangeline instantly waking up to it

A call was heard from the ringer, Evangeline instantly waking up to it. She looked over, seeing Calvin on the other side of the bed. One thing about her was that if a noise was made while she was asleep, she would instantly wake up. She was a very light sleeper and needed nothing on, besides her fan. She answered the phone with a small, "hello?" before the person could say anything. The voice then started talking about random stuff. Telemarketers, she thought.

"Please take me off your call list," She spoke before putting the phone back on the receiver. She started to walk away before the phone rang once again.

"Hello?" She answered more harshly causing the person on the other end of the call to say, "Evangeline?"

"Egon?"

"Lina, is Calvin there?" Egon asked the girl who answered.

"Yes, do you need him to come to the phone?" Evangeline looked at her watch, seeing it read 10:02, two hours from midnight.

"Yes please," Egon insisted.

"Hold on," She sat the phone down, and made her way back to the bedroom. Evangeline walked over to Calvin, patting him to wake up.

"Cal, wake up, Egons on the phone for you," She said in loud voice to get him to awake. He groaned, "Tell him to leave me alone."

"No can do. Sounds pretty urgent," Evangeline shook him more until he swatted her hand away and got up from the bed. He walked into the living room, picking up the phone and answering, "What do you want?"

Muffled words came from the phone, and Calvin's eyes started to grow wide. He motioned to Evangeline to grab his shoes and bring them to him, which she did. Calvin continued listening and mouthed to Evangeline to put on her shoes as well.

"We'll be right there," Calvin spoke before hanging the phone back onto the receiver. "We gotta go," he started to put his shoes onto his feet, tying the laces in a haste.

"It's ten at night. What could possibly been needed?" Evangeline stared at him while she leaned against the wall.

"Something about a Gatekeep, Gozer, and a Keymaster," Calvin hurried.

"Like.. Zuul the Gatekeeper?" Her brows furrowed in confusion. What kind of ghost was this?

"Yeah," Calvin got up from his spot as he grabbed his keys and handed Evangeline her purse that held most of her things.

"Okay."

🌟

They arrived at the station, hurrying inside to meet Egon and Janine. Instantly, they saw a man which Egon explained to be calling himself the 'Keymaster' and that his real name was Louis Tully. Peter had also been with Dana, who was calling herself the 'Gatekeeper'.

"This is crazy."

"Well, no duh," Calvin sassed while rolling his eyes. Evangeline looked at him with an eyebrow raised and arms crossed, wondering where the sass came from. He looked at her, immediately apologizing with his face and a hug.

"What are we gonna do?" Evangeline asked as she studied Louis. Egon for the first time in a long time, shrugged. "I don't know, Lina. This is something big."

"Well, there's gotta be something. Did Peter come up with anything?" Calvin questioned as he sat down with Evangeline.

"He said that we should bring them together, but if we did I would assume that it would be world destruction, so not the best idea," Evangeline giggled a bit before going back into a straight face.

"So.. we just watch him tonight?" Calvin continued as he looked at Louis. The man had looked perfectly normal, but from the Aura-Video Analyzer, he quite literally looked like a terror dog.

"That would be our only hope. There's not much we can do," Evangeline spoke up. They all looked at each other in deep thought, not knowing what that could do. She sighed and got up to walk over to the bathrooms.

While Evangeline did that, Calvin, Egon, and Janine all made small chatter as to when Ray and Peter were doing and when they were going to be back, and what Peter was going to do. There was no possible way that Peter would be able to leave Dana's side, at least not tonight. Plus, with sleeping pills, who knew how long she was going to sleep? It was a mystery to all of them.

"So, you and Lina?" Egon finally brought up after an hour or so. Calvin and Evangeline looked to each other and just had small smiles on their faces.

"What about us?" Evangeline wanted to see how long he would catch onto their sarcasm and teasing.

"You know what I mean."

"Maybe," Calvin said to him. Egon just shook his head before speaking again, "I'll take that as a yes, then."

That night, they all stayed up longer than they should've, while Janine had went home, promising she would be back earlier in the morning. Calvin and Evangeline fell asleep on the couch and Egon had almost, just almost pulled an all nighter before finally going to bed around three.

𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐳𝐚 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐨!
word count: 840
sorry it's short
that's just how it has it cut, and plus there's not much detail i can put into this so i tried my best😣
the next chapter WILL be a lot longer tho ! so you'll be okay:)
vote n comment!!