4 - Mistaken

Fight, fight, fight, fight... she could hear them more clearly now. Yet she forgot she was facing a Clan Leader

Oakstar was, in fact, in plain form for battle. Lucidpaw noticed this with him standing, forming a true sturdy leader of a Clan living in such harsh temperatures. She cowarded, after all, 2 moons of forced battle practice wouldn't do much against what seemed seasons of tense leadership.

But the tomcat refrained from any fight, or glare. He instead signaled his cats, in a way she wouldn't recognize, with his tail. He spared a smile to her, ''You seem to be brave, young one'' something she did not agree personally, but he continued, ''we'll see if we can get you a den done for the next sunrise, then you'll part your way.''

...

Lucidpaw felt intrigue, but began lurking around the FrostClan camp, cats eyeing her. This didn't feel like a dream anymore, and that was quite scary. Somehow, the curiosity didn't break the line against the cold and dread with a hope of surviving. And maybe, just maybe, the fact her father wouldn't say a word now.

No cat of her ShadowClan would...

She wondered if she was truly gone from there or just, her mindset. She heard stories of certain apprentices exchanging minds, but that was left to better be forgotten. Within steps, she had already peeked at every den, but still felt as lost.

This was very similar to her familiar life, cats talking, dens with beds, even the naming was familiar to her. But somehow, everything was different. It couldn't be her own forest territory, not the mountains or the marshes where she lived. But it couldn't be anything else, unless this was...

A high-pitched yowl rose from a clan cat's throat. She turned, padding towards the place she had been  minutes ago. Nothing that bad could have happened this soon, right?

A terrified, small cat (you could see it was dreadful for his arched back and hairs standing) glared and whimpered at the cats starting to form at the frozen entrance. He fled hissing, not seeming a threat, but there was one line he said that put Most of the cats in alert:

''They are ready, Ivy!''

Lucidpaw could sense that that cat wasn't joking, and the fear the cats shown  in waves told her there was something awfully wrong. The crowd's voice grew bigger, and the Clan cats got into a group as fast as they could.

Stonetail suddenly glanced at Lucidpaw from behind and she proceeded to drag her out of the battle formation. She glared at the nuisance of the apprentice, not knowing what to do. And then, defensive as ever she growled ''Are you from the Stonewardens?''

''St-Stonewhat?'' muttered with panic, her voice tiny amongst the loud and seemingly terrified crowd. Not many other cats looked at her, but her sudden hostility made the spying gazes grow more intense.

''Don't you lie to us, you foul creature!'' Stonetail spat, Lucidpaw tried to explain when she started dragging her into the front, the voices starting to fade away in focused growls. What did I do? What is happening? Why is Stonetail behaving like-

Thrusted by the gray warrior. She showed force and, Great StarClan, it was greatly strong. Within her fall, she felt the piercing eyes of the warrior of that unfamiliar Clan, fighting against being pushed into the front and back to safety.

Stonetail was defiant, tugging against a wave of arched back clanmates to let her out into the front. 

Lucidpaw's heart sank, as she saw an opposing wave of fast, broad warriors rushing towards her. Her paws froze, yet luckily the attackers 

''You're not coming in, Ivy,'' Oakstar, in the front row, shot a defiant glare at one massive leading cat, grand and scarred too. Both prepared for a fight to outbreak.

''You weren't expecting this, were you, Oakstar?''

''Trying to take spies in, huh? Playing in the dirt again, overplanner'' Lucidpaw blinked out the thought of the misleading Stonetail, and filled it with dread instead, ''move on, stranger. We've got no problem to deal with your cats,'' Oakstar defended himself, and some approving yowls rose up.

Ivy smirked, glancing at its warriors, ''You are the first one we will 'deal' with, Rabbitfur,'' he mocked, ''and then we will take back our part of the territory''. The leader bitterly hissed away his reply, ''My territory, you meant!''

The whisper of fight followed the short-furred apprentice again, as she backed up, the floating snowflakes hanging onto the shadowy pines, pointing out their misleading beliefs, and every wrong step she took to be onto this mess of an invasion. When she instead could be with her fellow apprentices, back in the warmth of her clan. When did all went wrong? Hair by hair her anxiety rose a little, but how could she stop this? Was there even...even any solution? Could she be safe to expect to be welcomed?

Yowls of rage and paws shoot through the still air, breaking any moral welcome against strangers. Strangers, not to FrostClan. She was thrown aside, and a sharp pain kept her still with a pair of what seemed fangs grasped her. The apprentice clawed her opponent until the bloody grip was loose.

She squirmed to her paws, the blood roaring and her neck fur wet in the dark blood. Lucidpaw scrambled aside in a slow manner, avoiding becoming a target. Moons seemed to pass, but a scream of a feline broke the tense silence and loudness of her confused ears.

''Antpaw!'' she heard a voice swirl, being shut again. A young cat kept on the floor by sanguine claws of a Stonewarden. And the attacker tracked Lucidpaw down with its piercing gaze, deep enough to send the spikiest of shivers to Lucidpaw.

This was the moment the she-cat noticed the great danger they were all in.