Chapter 21

Professor Calvry

Years ago...

"Why can't I see her, daddy?" I confusedly asks, voice breaking as tears start to build in my eyes.

Dad was about to responds when Tita Carol beat him to it.

"Because I forbid you to see her, from now on you'll be living with your grandparents."

"Carol..." Dad tried to stop her but she just won't listen.

"Don't stop me, Alejandro, I'm also doing this to protect our daughter. If everyone find out about her condition, she'll be bullied."

"But, Tita Carol, I promise I won't bully her. I'll accept her wh—"

She cut me off, smiling sadly at me. "I'm sorry, sweety but you have to go now."

The tears I tried to stop, now freely fall down from my eyes as I looked at Dad, silently pleading him to not send me away.

I've always wanted a sister, when Tita Carol was having a baby I was the happiest girl in the world. But, right now it all crashes down when Tita Carol forbid me to see her.

"I'm sorry, sweety."

Bagsak ang balikat na lumayo ako sa kanya at lumapit sa mga magulang ng nanay ko na kanina pa ako hinihintay.

Patuloy parin ang pag-agos ng luha ko hanggang sa makapasok ako sa loob ng eroplano.

Atty. Alejandro Calvry and Atty. Carolina Calvry.

The people who raised me after my parents died. Yes, I'm not their real daughter but they treat me as one especially Dad, Alejandro.

My real dad was Dad Alejandro's bestfriend, sadly he died in a war, while my mom died after hearing that my real dad died in a war.

She couldn't accept it, kaya ang boba agad sumunod not thinking about me.

I don't hate my mother, I just don't like that having me, was still not enough for her to fight for her life.

But anyway,

Maayos naman akong pinalaki ng matalik na kaibigan ng totoo kong ama, lahat binibigay sa akin. Pero ng manganak na si Tita Carol ay nag-iba na ang turing niya sa akin. Hindi niya din ako pinapayagan na makita ang anak nito.

Her reason was, it's for her daughter safety.

Yllezabeth Freirain, the only thing I know about their daughter. I didn't even know what she looks like.

I bet she's the cutest baby in the world.

Years later...

"W-What?" I uttered in disbelief when I heard that Dad Alejandro and Tita Carol died in a car accident.

And right now, Yllezabeth's is all I could think about.

"We need to go there, m-my sister, Yllezabeth, s-she must be alone right now." I stammered as I quickly ran into my room to start packing up my things.

In Italy

Biting my nails in anticipation as I waited patiently to see my sister. We just came here at the funeral house where the wake of Dad Alejandro and Tita Carolina was held.