2

I sat down with my pizza outside at a table and waited for my friends. I glanced over to where a new student was sitting. I thought maybe I should have gone and sat with him, but I changed my mind after I saw Kizumi approach him.

I watched as he pushed the new kid's face into his lunch and hold it there for a second. That poor kid...nobody had probably gotten the chance to warn him about Kizumi. I sighed in pity for him. As I sighed, Kizumi turned his head my way. Although I knew he couldn't have heard me sigh from that far away, it still scared me a bit. I looked away as quickly as possible.

Luckily, my friends came and sat around me. As they sat, they watched the new student get up and run to the bathroom. Karin, the girl who I had been consoling earlier that day, spoke up.

"He doesn't have any respect at all, does he?" She sounded disgusted.

"You saw that?" I asked. They nodded, and then Isaac said,

"We saw from the cafeteria windows." He explained. I nodded.

"I know Kizumi is a jerk, but he could have given the kid a chance to make a few friends before embarrassing him like that." Carissa said next.

"Well...we could always invite him to hang out with us." Karin suggested. We all nodded in agreement.

"Do you guys ever wonder if Kizumi is like that all the time?" I asked as I glanced over at him. He was walking indoors now, and eventually disappeared from my sight. My friends looked over at me and then shrugged.

"Probably. He such a troublemaker here, so he's probably no better at home." Isaac said. I shook my head.

"That isn't what I mean...what I mean is, do you think Kizumi treats everyone terribly? There's got to be someone he's kind to, right?" I asked. Surely he couldn't be cruel to everyone.

"We have no idea." Carissa laughed. "Maybe there is, maybe there isn't. It doesn't matter though, does it?"

"I'm just curious is all." I replied.

"Ah, well, who cares. Oh, did you know we're getting paired up in science and English today?" Isaac told me. I nodded.

"That's what someone said earlier. Do we get to choose our partners?" I asked. He shook his head.

"Nope. The teachers paired everybody up." His face told me that he got paired with people he didn't like. I chuckled a little.

"Well, it is what it is. At least the English project is only for a few weeks." I tried to make him feel better. He nodded.

"Sure, but science is for the rest of the year." He sighed. "Oh well. I guess it's good that my lab partner is one of the smart kids." He said. We laughed and spent the rest of lunch just messing around and talking like usual. I still couldn't help wondering if Kizumi was as bad as he seemed, though...

It bothered me that I didn't know.