13

In English today, Kizumi and I sat at a table in the back of the room already planning out our presentation board for the theme we chose. He wasn't speaking much at all today. I tried to ignore it and continue with my work. Carefully, I sketched out layouts we could use for the board, but Kizumi seemed completely uninterested in this entire section of the project. That was a problem considering the fact that it was a huge portion of the grade.

"Kizumi...we have to do this you know." I said. He sighed and leaned back in his chair.

"I know." He mumbled irritably. 

"Well, then...let's decide on a design." I said as I scooted closer to him. Immediately, I saw him tense. Did he not like it when other people got too close to him? No...that couldn't be it...He high-fived and did all sorts of stuff with his other friends...so what was he getting so stiff for? I shook it off and set the sketchbook in front of us. I circled the three designs I thought looked the best and looked over at him. He looked...nervous.

"...I don't care which one we pick." He said quickly."Just pick one."

"Kizumi you have to contribute to this too. I don't want to pick a design you don't really like all that much." He angled his body away from me slightly, still tense. He remained silent and I sighed. "Fine. If we pick the second one, we can put the more important information on this part of the board." As I reached across the table for the papers that were next to Kizumi, my arm lightly brushed his. I thought nothing of it, but for Kizumi, it was an entirely different ordeal.

He yanked his arm back and stared at me, almost in shock. Like I had stabbed him or something...except he was...blushing. It was only a very light shade of pink, but he was actually blushing. I looked at him in shock. I was completely unaware Kizumi was even capable of doing that. My expression quickly changed from shock into fear as his face dropped into a look of pure hostility. He wasn't glaring at me, but his expression was terrifying. He drew his arm closer to his body.

"Don't touch me."

I continued to stare at him for a second, but I quickly averted my eyes to avoid making him angry. For the rest of English, we were both completely silent. I wasn't sure what I would even say to him. Whenever I managed to sneak a glance at his face, his face had the same expression. It was just this wildly shocked and almost disgusted look. I didn't want to talk to him anyways. I was already afraid enough of getting beat up for accidentally touching him.

The bell finally rang, and as I gathered my things, Kizumi stayed sitting in his spot. It was so unusual to see him still in the classroom after the bell rang. He was usually prepared to leave ten minutes before it even rang. I didn't say goodbye to him as I left the classroom. However, I did glance back right before I left. Kizumi was just standing as I closed the door behind me.

Through my last period, even until the time I got home, and after I was laying in bed, I couldn't get Kizumi's expression out of my head. I couldn't believe he was embarrassed over such a trivial thing. It shocked me to a point of near insanity. He seemed like the kind of guy who'd rip your arm off and beat you with it if you accidentally touched him, but that's not what happened. He blushed.

Blush looked...good on him. He should do that more, or even smile rather than scowl all the time.