Chapter 25

Atty Calvry.

Present time...

"A-Ate..."

I gulped hard when I saw how bad she's glaring at me right now, making my knees tremble in so much fear.

No joke, she's really scary right now and I don't even know the reason why.

"Rain, I'm really confused right now, what is happening?"

I looked away from Vera to look at my cousin, Felice.

"Uh, excuse us for a while, Felice, I'll just talk to my sister." I said stuttering.

"Sister? The one you told me before? That's her?" Felice gasped, as she looks at me in disbelief. "I didn't know you already met her?"

Paano mo malalaman eh, kakikita lang natin ulit. I sarcastically thought.

I met Felice when I was 6, she's my cousin from my father side, we only met once because they lived far  from us, they're living in Switzerland. And also my mother forbid me to see her alone.

And the reason why we haven't met for a long time was because she ran away from her parents. Gusto niya kasi maging artist at magtayo ng coffee shop, but her parents were so strict compared to mine.

When my parents died, her parents only visited once and after that they return to Switzerland. It made me think that maybe uncle, my father's brother was an adopted child. Kidding aside.

I don't treat them as family anyway, except Felice my only cousin.

But look how small the world is, we met again because of Anastacia.

Nakita niya pala kami ni Anastacia nung unang pumunta ako sa Letizia cafe, she was about to approached me at that day pero nagkaroon siya ng emergency.

Good thing, Anastacia was her regular costumer so when Anastacia came back there, she immediately asks her about me.

I was back in trance when I heard Vera's cold voice. "Meet me outside, Yllez, don't make me wait." she uttered before leaving us behind.

"Why are you so scared of her? She's not that scary." pagtataka ng pinsan ko.

"She is!" I hissed. "I need to go, that girl doesn't have a waiting and patient in her vocabulary."

"Are you really sisters? Because from what I'm seeing right now, you look whipped and under by her?"

Napamaang ako saka siya sinamaan ng tingin. "Of course we are sisters! And I'm not whipped nor under!"

She smirks.

"Just go, let's just talk some other time." sabi nito saka inabot sa akin ang isang cheque, my salary from her.

Nang makarating na ako sa labas, agad ko siyang nakita sa may secluded na parte ng cafè, nakatayo ito habang tina-tap nito ang kanyang suot na heels.

"Thought you won't come? I was about to get you there and tied you for making me wait."

Oh my gosh. Why is my sister so scary? Pinaglihi ba 'to ni mommy kay Clementine?

"I'm s-sorry, Ate."

Ate...

"Stop calling me, Ate! After you eat me, you still dare to call me Ate? Have you forgotten what I've told you?" she snapped, making me flinched on my tracks.

Flashbacks...

From the day where they saw each other again after almost 5 years.