A Fragile Illusion

As Ariel's world crumbled around her, she stumbled into the bathroom, tears streaming down her face in an uncontrollable torrent of grief and disbelief. Her heart felt like it had been ripped from her chest, shattered into a million irreparable pieces. She staggered to a stall, her vision blurred with tears, and sank onto the closed lid of the toilet, her body trembling with the weight of her despair.

With shaking fingers, Ariel dialed her best friend Valentina's number, her voice choked with sobs as she pleaded for her to come. "I need you right now," she whispered hoarsely into the phone, the desperation in her voice palpable. "Please, just come." After telling Valentina where she was, Ariel hung up , and shut off her phone as calls from Theo came pouring in.

Valentina, sensing the urgency in her voice, wasted no time. Within moments, she was by Ariel's side, her eyebrows narrowing in concern as she took in Ariel's distraught state. Wrapping her arms around her friend in a comforting embrace, she whispered, "What happened, Ariel?"

But Ariel couldn't find the words to explain, couldn't bear to relive the pain and betrayal that had torn her world apart. Instead, she buried her face in Valentina's shoulder, her tears staining the fabric of her shirt as she shook with silent sobs.

As Ariel clung to Valentina, her sobs gradually subsided into quiet sniffles. The warmth of her friend's embrace was a comforting balm to her shattered heart, and she felt a sense of gratitude wash over her. Despite the overwhelming pain, Ariel was grateful to have Valentina by her side in her darkest moment.

"Thank you for being here," Ariel murmured, her voice raw with emotion. "I don't know what I would do without you."

Valentina squeezed her friend's hand gently, her own eyes brimming with tears. "I'll always be here for you, Ariel. No matter what."

After a while, Ariel's tears began to ebb, replaced by a steely resolve. She knew she couldn't stay in the hotel any longer, not with Theo and that woman still there. But she couldn't bring herself to tell Valentina the full extent of what had happened, knowing how fiercely protective her friend could be.

"I think I need to get out of here," Ariel said quietly, her voice trembling slightly. "Can we go somewhere? Anywhere but here."

Valentina nodded, her expression filled with understanding. "Of course, Ariel. Let's get you out of here."

As they made their way out of the hotel, Valentina took the lead, guiding Ariel towards the nearby room she had secured earlier.

"I got a room nearby," Valentina said, her tone firm. "I didn't want to stay anywhere near that brute Titan."

Ariel couldn't help but laugh softly at Valentina's description of Titan. The humor in her friend's words offered a brief respite from the pain and turmoil swirling inside her.

"Thank you, Valentina," Ariel said softly, her voice filled with appreciation. "I'm so lucky to have you."

Valentina smiled warmly, but beneath the surface, suspicion gnawed at her mind. It troubled her deeply that Theo was with Titan, especially considering the circumstances. "We'll get through this together, Ariel. I promise."

Valentina's mind raced with questions and suspicions as they walked, the weight of Ariel's distress heavy on her heart. She needed to be patient and supportive, allowing Ariel the space to confide in her when she was ready. But it was difficult for her to suppress her concern, especially when she saw the pain etched on Ariel's face.

"You know I'm here when you are ready to talk about it right?," Valentina said gently, offering Ariel a reassuring smile.

Ariel nodded gratefully, her eyes filled with a mixture of sadness and gratitude. She leaned on Valentina for support, finding solace in her friend's unwavering presence.

As they reached the nearby room, Valentina held the door open for Ariel, ushering her inside. The room offered a temporary sanctuary from the chaos of the outside world, a place where they could gather their thoughts and support each other through the storm that lay ahead.