Let The Fun Begin

Ariel looked at her Valentina curiously, a hint of intrigue flickering in her eyes. "What is it?" she asked, eager for any distraction from the pain that threatened to overwhelm her.

Valentina grinned mischievously. "What if we... take a trip?" she suggested, her voice filled with excitement. "Somewhere far away from here, where we can forget about all this drama and just have some fun."

Ariel's eyes widened in surprise, the idea sparking a glimmer of hope in her heart. "A trip?" she repeated, her voice tinged with uncertainty. "But where would we go?"

Valentina shrugged, her excitement undiminished. "Anywhere! Paris, Rome, Bali – the world is our oyster! We both have off for the next two weeks, let's make the most of it." she declared, her enthusiasm contagious.

Ariel couldn't help but smile at her friend's infectious energy. The idea of escaping their troubles, if only for a little while, sounded like just what they needed. And with Valentina by her side, she knew that no matter where they went, they would find a way to make the most of it.

"Okay," Ariel agreed, her voice filled with newfound determination. "Let's do it. Let's go on an adventure."

And with that decision made, they spent the rest of the evening planning their impromptu getaway, their hearts a little lighter and their spirits lifted by the promise of new beginnings.

As they discussed the idea of taking a trip, Ariel's thoughts inevitably drifted back to the looming specter of the canceled wedding. "What about canceling the wedding and figuring all of that out?" she began, her voice tinged with uncertainty.

But before she could finish her thought, Valentina cut in, her tone firm and reassuring. "Don't worry about it, Ari. We can reach out to your mom and Aunt Mist," she said confidently. "We know they would help in a heartbeat, and they would encourage this trip."

Ariel felt a wave of relief wash over her at Valentina's words. The thought of facing the logistics of canceling the wedding on her own had been daunting, but knowing that she had her family's support made it seem more manageable.

As the weight of canceling the wedding loomed over them, Ariel couldn't shake the apprehension gnawing at her. "But... telling Mom and Aunt Mist what happened," she began, her voice faltering with uncertainty. "I don't know if I'm ready to face their disappointment and questions."

Valentina reached out and squeezed Ariel's hand reassuringly. "Ari, don't worry about it," she said gently. "Let me handle it. I'll call them and let them know that you need some time right now, that you're not up to talking."

Ariel felt a rush of gratitude wash over her at Valentina's offer. The thought of having to explain everything to her family felt like an insurmountable hurdle, but knowing that Valentina was willing to shoulder that burden for her filled her with a profound sense of relief.

"Thank you, Val," she whispered, her voice thick with emotion. "I don't know what I would do without you."

Valentina offered her a warm smile, her eyes filled with compassion. "You don't have to do anything alone, Ari. " she said softly.

~~~~~~~~~~Valentina~~~~~~~~~

As Valentina reluctantly stepped out of the suite, a subtle realization dawned upon her amidst the turmoil of emotions. This was more than just a mission to gather snacks; it was an opportunity to shield Ariel from the inevitable confrontation with Theo.

Ariel wasn't ready to face him, not yet. Valentina understood her friend's fragile state all too well, and she knew that Theo's presence would only exacerbate Ariel's pain. But Theo, undoubtedly desperate to find Ariel, wouldn't give up easily. Valentina realized she could buy her friend some time, at least for now.

With a determined set to her jaw, Valentina resolved to ensure that Theo didn't interrupt Ariel's moment of vulnerability. She couldn't shake the feeling that he would be scouring his hotel and would move on from there, searching for any sign of Ariel's whereabouts. And Valentina wasn't about to let him disrupt Ariel's chance to process her emotions in peace.

As she made her way through the hotel, Valentina kept a watchful eye out for any sign of Theo. She was prepared to do whatever it took to ensure that Ariel remained undisturbed, even if it meant confronting Theo herself.

With each step, Valentina's resolve solidified. She would protect her friend at all costs, shielding her from the pain that threatened to overwhelm her. She wouldn't- no, she couldn't let this break Ariel. She didn't deserve this and he'd be too selfish thinking about how he's feeling to think about what Ariel needs right now. She needed to do what she could.. Ariel had done the same for her once upon a time...

With the thought of Ariel feeling that same pain, a determined glint was in her eyes. Valentina pulled out her phone, her fingers jabbing at the screen with a sense of urgency. As she dialed Theo's number, her jaw clenched with barely contained anger, her voice dripping with sarcasm as she muttered under her breath, "Let's see if Mr. Two-Timer can handle a little dose of reality."