Chapter 1

Gabby's POV ~

"Gabby that is great news."

"Casey are we ready for another child?"

"What do you mean another baby?"

"Casey I still count our miscarriage as a baby."

"Oh for a second there i thought you were cheating on me."

We laugh for a second together.

Squad 3, Truck 81, Ambulance 61 House Fire

"Hey Gabby before you go dont get hurt."

"OK same for you."

We shared a kiss before leaving. Me and Sylvie got into the ambo.

"So did you tell him?"

"I told him."

"How did you tell him, because I know you didnt tell him I said you should."

"I told Casey that you wanted me to tell him like last time and he said what like last time and I just blurted it out."

"You didnt."

"Yea thats how us Dawson tell surprises."

We arrived at the scene. It was a bad one. It was three houses right next to eachother catching the flame from the first one. Me and Sylvie got out of the ambo and got the gurney ready and waited for the first victim. Boden kept saying pull out. Severide,Capp and Casey was still in there . 30 seconds later Severide,Casey and Capp came running out with one victim. We grabbed the victim and we had to intubate her. We connected the bag of air and pressed air in her every 10 seconds. I walked over to Casey and checked him out. He was fine so was Capp and Severide. I got into the back of the ambo.

"That was a bad one wasnt it."

We headed to the hospital and dropped off the victim. We got back into the ambi and headed back ti the fire house.

"So how far along are you?"

"What do you mean?"

"The baby how far along are you."

"Oh we are finding out in 2 weeks."

"Whats wrong Dawson?"

"I just dont want another miscarriage."

"You wont I promise."

"Now that Casey knows how will I tell the rest of the house." I said while pulling into the fire house.

"Well you really dont have to tell anybody for a few more months. Because dont you have to start maternity leave at 6 months ." Brett said as we pulled into the fire house. We got out and Herman stopped us.

"Chief wants us all in the common room." Herman said.

We headed to the common room and sat down together in the front row.

"OK so we have a new candidate for truck 81. Since Mills left we have been looking for a new candidate. The new candidate is Luke O'brian."

When I look up and saw who it was I was out of words. I was looking at my abuser from high school. He always abused me during my last year of high school. When I finally took him into the police he lied and they did nothing. He kept on abusing me until I moved to Chicago. I walked out of the common to get some air and he followed me.

"Hey Dawson."

"What do you want."

"Is there a problem here Dawson?" Casey said.

"Yes." I said waling away. I walked into Casey's office and shut the blinds. I didnt want anyone to find me. Then about 10 minutes later Casey walked in.

"I knew I would find you here. What was that all about?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Then you are ordered to go home."

"Why?"

"If you are going to start problems up then you can go home."

"Ok then fine, our new candidate used to abuse me in high school. I just never wanted to see him again and now that he works here." I said.

"Ok if he puts a hand on you or touches you in any kind of way let me know. If he does i will take this up with chief." Casey said pulling me into a hug.

Ambulance 61 collapsed victim.

Me and Brett jumped into the ambo.

"So,how do you feel about the newbie?"

"I hate him so much I wish never here."

"Geeze Dawson what has he done to you?"

"You wanna know what he did to me? He abused me my whole last year of high school. That's what he did to me." I said yelling at Brett. Right when we arrived I finished yelling at her. I went up to the door and knocked.

"She is right in here. My wife just collapsed out of no were."

We checked her out and realized she had a blow to the head.

"Requesting police backup?" I said into my radio

"Request granted CPD is on there way."

"I wouldn't have done that if I was for you." He said that pulling a gun out.

"They are on there way."

He comes over to me and puts a gun to my head.

"Cancel the request."

I push him into the wall and kick him in the shin twice.

Casey Pov ~

"Casey, Dawson just put in a request for CPD." Cruz said.

I go over to the radio and listen to it.

Dawson Pov ~

He comes and tackles me to the ground and we fight for the gun and the trigger goes off.

Casey Pov ~

"Dawson Dawson." I scream repeatedly into the radio.

"Thats it truck 81 we are going to go get the mother of my child." We loaded up and headed to the scene.

I run out of the truck into the building I look for Dawson and I cant find her.

"Brett dont tell me Dawson got shot." I said almost in tears.

"No she didnt get shot she is sitting in the ambo."

I go to the ambo. I find her sitting in the back of the ambo crying.

"Gabbs whats wrong?"

"the baby could have died."

"Look at me ( she looks at me ) there will a thousand of different times were the baby might die. We just have to wish that it doesnt die. I now how you feel I thought that on the way here. I also on accident told the whole truck 81 about the baby." I said pulling her into a side hug kissing the top of her head.