Chapter 28

"LET ME OUT!!!! HELP!"

I was busy cooking in the kitchen when I suddenly heard Vera, screaming in my room. My room was soundproof but since I purposely left the door opened, I heard her screamed.

I flinched and my whole body start trembling as I turned off the stove before running to the stairs.

She's been shouting and I'm afraid that she'll have a sore throat later. I don't want that to happen to her, kaya kahit takot man ay kailangan ko siya puntahan.

She sure is a screamer.

Napa-sign of the cross muna ako bago dahan-dahan na pumasok sa kwarto. Nang makita niya ako ay tumigil ito sa pagsigaw at masama akong tinignan.

Kung nakakamatay lang talaga yung mga tingin niya, I'm probably dead by now.

"H-Hello, V-Vera?" mapakla akong tumawa at kumaway sa kanya.

"Untie me now or else you'll be headless tomorrow." she mumbled venomously.

I gulped. "I-I'm sorry, I just want you to hear me out first." I explains softly, afraid that she'll yelled at me again.

"Wow? So, it's my fault now that you kidnapped me?" she chuckled dryly. "Are you out of your mind? You're a freaking lawyer and here you are breaking the law!"

"I don't care about the law, for you I'll do everything." I said. "Heck, I'm even willing to be a prisoner for you."

"And you really think, I'll let you do that?"

I shake my head. "No.."

"Untie me now, Yllezabeth!"

"I will, but promise me you'll hear me out? A-And you won't k-kill me?" takot at nauutal na bigkas ko.

She scoffed. "I'm not making any promises."

"Then no, I'll untie you later after we talked."

And again, she shoot dagger looks at me as she tried to freed her arms and feet from the knot.

"S-Stop, V-Vera. Please, you'll gonna hurt yourself." punong pag-alalang bigkas ko ng makitang namumula na ang mga kamay nito.

Hindi ko siya tinali ng mahigpit para hindi siya masaktan pero mukhang sumikip yun dahil sa pag-galaw niya.

"It's your fault!" she exclaimed, annoyingly. "Untie me, stupid! My daughter probably looking for me right now!"

"Don't worry about Einna, I told my cousin Felice to fetched her."

Sandali siyang tumigil sa pagpupumiglas niya saka tinaasan ako ng isang kilay. "And she trusted your cousin?"

Biting my lower lip, I nodded. "Yeah, she's now at her house."

See? that kid can be kidnapped easily with just one candy.

Vera sighed in frustration. "It's because of your stupid genes that my daughter is guillable!"

Luh? Nasisi pa nga ako.

"Kyaaah~ How is it my fault that Einna is so friendly to other people? I ain't doing anything here." I pouted, defending myself.

Again she exhaled frustratedly. "J-Just..." she let out a deep breathe, trying to calm herself.  "Untie me now and I'll listen to whatever you're going to say."

"But promise me first you won't kill me?" takot na bigkas ko.

Her jaw clenched. "Fine." she sighed defeatedly. "Why do you have to kidnapped me and ruined your fucking name?!" she scowled.