Ittadakimasu

First-person P.O.V.

I tilted my head to the side with a barely visible smile, "Let's go home, shall we?" The maids nodded and we began making our way back to the estate, the soldiers from the Daigo Clan following.

"I saw what you did back there, Y/N-sama." Hyogo gruffly said with eyes filled with hope. "Oh no!" I giggled giddily, facing him with my arms in the air. "I've been caught," I rest one of my arms on my forehead and shut my eyes, pretending to lean backward. The maids chuckle as they converse with the soldiers on the horses who offer to carry the silk.

"Whatever shall I do?" Hyogo chuckled, "That was very kind of you Y/N-sama."

"Very kind of you, Y/N-sama! Helping out a poor child who was trying to sell some items." I shake my head as we step foot onto a rocky path on which Hyogo lifts me to sit on the horse and I hug his back in fear of falling. My legs dangling on one side in fear of stretching the treasured kimono.

"Anyone would've done the same," I paused as Hyogo faced me with a knowing look.

I had met him at the Daigo estate years back, and along with him, I met his sister and his 'young master', the son and heir to the Daigo Clan. It was truly a blessing in disguise to meet them.

"We're almost there Y/N-sama," Hyogo quietly said, his face stoic and devoid of any emotion. I nodded my head knowing he couldn't see it and followed by with a quiet hum. The trek up the path was quiet yet peaceful before I decided to break it.

"What were you doing in town Hyogo?"

"Running errands, Y/N-sama."

"Oh," I hugged him tighter as we neared the familiar estate before he dismounted the horse and carried me down.

"Till next time, Y/N-sama."

"Thanks, Hyogo! You know I'll visit, as usual. Not so sure when though," I chuckled, tugging on a stray hair. Depending if my presence is requested or not, I would have to visit the Daigo province anyway.

"Goodbye, Hyogo!" I waved as he mounted his horse, the two companion soldiers following suit. As they rode off into the distance, I watched until they disappeared from view.

The sky was turning a dark blue and stars began to paint the sky. "Let's go in, Y/N-sama," one of the maids said, motioning towards the gates as they began to close behind us. I nodded, acknowledged the gesture, and exchanged greetings with the other maids and bodyguards as I made my way toward where I last saw my mother.

The door slid open with a soft shush, revealing a serene foyer adorned with delicate paper lanterns casting a warm, golden glow. I stepped inside the genkan, the traditional entryway, where I slipped off my shoes and exchanged them for a pair of indoor slippers.

"Okaerinasai, Y/N-sama," greeted the household's elder maid, with a respectful bow.

"Arigatou gozaimasu, Miyuki-san," I replied with a polite nod, acknowledging her welcome.

"Are Oto-san and Okaa-san already in the dining room?"

Holding a gentle smile, the maid nodded. "Hai, they are waiting for you. Please, follow me."

I followed her down the tatami-lined hallway, the soft rustle of her kimono accompanying our steps. As we reached the sliding door of the dining room, she paused and slid it open, revealing a traditional dining area illuminated by the warm glow of paper lanterns hanging from the ceiling.

"Y/N-sama has returned," The maid announced softly as I stepped into the room, the scent of freshly prepared meals wafting through the air.

Seated at the low dining table, my father and mother turned their attention toward me, offering welcoming smiles as I approached. I bowed respectfully before taking my place beside them, the plates of food still with steam rising.

"Ittadakimasu," she murmured softly, expressing gratitude for the meal about to be shared.

Her parents echoed the sentiment, and together they began to partake in the array of delicacies laid out before them. My father cleared his throat, gaining my mother's and my attention, I placed my chopsticks down and rested my hands on my lap.

"Tomorrow we will visit the Daigo province," He spoke while bringing slices of meat into his bowl. "It won't be long," Mother and I nodded our heads before continuing where we had left off.

Guess I would be seeing Hyogo sooner than I anticipated.