Chapter 1 - 𝐏𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫-𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫

The echoing click of heels resonated throughout the room, amidst a sea of expectant faces. Not a whisper nor a murmur disrupted the silence. Every eye remained fixed upon him, observing his every move in quiet anticipation.

Abruptly, the rhythmic sound of the heels ceased, he came to a halt before a vacant chair, the transfer of authority and power. With a deep breath, he savored the unfamiliar scent of triumph.

The power, earned and won, now rested in his hands.

"Welcome to the realm of power-hunger, young master,"

As he settled into the chair, the entire room rose in respect, acknowledging the authority now his.

He smirk.

That's the power.

Leaning forward, the smirk persisted, his demeanor now veering towards unpredictability.

"Congratulations on your victory in owning the Kim empire, Sir Kim Sunoo," echoed in unison from the gathered multitude, their voices harmonizing in a chorus of reverence and acclaim.

"You've got a packed schedule today

"You've got a packed schedule today. First, we'll head to the Kim headquarters to wrap up formalities with another company and finalize our deal with Park Entertainment. Then, we have a meeting with Mr. Kang..." Jungwon, Sunoo's secretary, read aloud as he scrolled through Sunoo's schedule while they drove.

"Do you want to review the profile of the CEO of Park?" Jungwon asked, typing away on his pad.

"No time, just summarize it for me,"

"Alright, the CEO of Park Entertainment joined the company a few years ago and has already achieved significant milestones. He's young, 27, and holds a degree from-"

"I didn't ask for his biography, just tell me about the deal we're pursuing together," Sunoo interrupted.

Jungwon rolled his eyes, a gesture that Sunoo caught sight of. If Jungwon weren't his closest friend, Sunoo might have been tempted to pluck those eyes out. Jungwon began searching through his tablet while adjusting his glasses.

"We were supposed to discuss a project related to the entertainment industry," Jungwon said, focusing on finding the relevant information.

"Ah, here it is," Jungwon said, his fingers swiftly navigating through the tablet. "We're set to discuss a joint venture with Park Entertainment on a new streaming platform project. They're looking to expand their reach into the digital entertainment space, and we've been offered a partnership to develop and launch the platform together."

Sunoo's interest piqued at the prospect. "Interesting. Any details on what they're envisioning for the platform?"

Jungwon scanned the information. "It seems they're aiming for a user-friendly interface with a diverse range of content, including original series, films, and live events. They're also keen on integrating interactive features to enhance user engagement."