𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 #𝟐𝟎:

²⁰  𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺  𝗙𝘂𝗻 𝗗𝗮𝘆

𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐏, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 ✔️

Which was rather convenient since I needed some gas. But before I could do that, I had to let Izuku go into the gas station to get whatever it is that he wanted.

He grabbed my hand, pulling me towards the sliding doors with his surprisingly five-year-old strength. "I'm walking, I'm walking," I chuckled at Izuku as he felt obligated to make sure you were keeping up with him.

"What are we in here for anyways?" I asked Izuku as we stopped in the center of the open space gas station. He looked around, not answering my question—just continuing to drag me wherever he was set out to go.

I cocked a brow as we stood in front of the slushee machine. He looked at the many flavors in awe and then up at me with slightly pleading eyes. I playfully rolled me own and picked up the smallest cup there was, knowing he could never finish it, despite how many times he said he could.

"Which flavor?" He smiled widely and pointed to both the blue and red. "Well look at you getting wild," I chuckled pushing down on the small lever, mixing both of the flavors in the wide cup. I put the lid on the cup and continued to fill it up as much as I could. I then handed Izuku the cup, watching his sparkling eyes hold it with both hands.

"Is this all you wanted?" I asked him. He nodded his head, slurping the sugary drink with a smile. "Alright then, let's go pay." Izuku walked closely by my side as we walked to the self-checkout register.

"What do you wanna do next?" I asked, glancing down at Izuku. He hummed, swaying his little body while continuing to drink his slurpee. "The park." I patted his head with a small smile, "Alright."

We walked out of the gas station and I stopped momentarily, looking at the big chicken. "Izuku," I called out. He looked up from his drink with curious eyes, "Yes?"

"Do you want to take a picture with the chicken." His eyes lit up and he practically screamed.

He ran to stand next to the chicken with his slurpee in his hands—a big proud smile and little blush decorating his pale cheeks. I opened my camera app and glanced at Izuku, "Say cheese!" "Cheeeese!" He squealed, making sure to stay as still as a statue.

I giggled, snapping various pictures that I was for sure going to put in the photo album."Ok, let's go get some gas and then we can go to the park." I said as I put my phone back in my pocket.

Izuku skipped to the car and I helped him in his seat, laughing as he suddenly spazzed out from the sugary drink. I took the slushee from his hands, knowing that this was probably his limit before he started bouncing off the walls.

I sat in the driver's seat and placed the almost empty slushee in the cup holder before pulling up to an empty pump.

After getting some gas, I pulled off to Izuku's favorite park. The one with the duck pond and the tiny orange fish with a willow tree on the right corner of the pond, and a bench on the other side of it.

"Mommy?" I looked in the rear view mirror, seeing Izuku looking out the window like the old soul he was. "Yes, my love?" I hummed in response, lightly drumming my fingers against the steering wheel to the tunes of the radio.

𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐏, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐊 ✔️.

I closed the door and made my way to the backseat door to see Izuku humming, "We just got a letter, we just got a letter. We just got a letter, I wonder who it's from."

I smiled, unbuckling him from the car seat and helping him down to the cement gravel. After grabbing my purse and locking the car, Izuku and I started walking.

To where? Not sure. We just walked wherever our feet took us. It was so nice getting to talk to my son about any and everything under the sun. He rambled on about whatever cartoon show he watched before abruptly stopping.

"Mommy, look!" He gasped, pointing towards the marsh that was near the pond. There, we saw two adult geese, watching as their goslings hatched from their rather big eggs. We both watched in awe from a distance, not wanting to alarm or be attacked by the geese.

I pulled him up and sat him on my hip so he could get a better view of the new life we just witnessed. "Wow," he sighed, laying his head on my shoulder.

Noticing that the geese saw us standing not too far away from the marsh, I quickly began walking away as soon as they started honking and flapping their wings. "And it's time to go!"

The last thing I wanted was to get violently attacked by some damn geese on my day off.

After successfully escaping the geese without getting chased down, we were now at the one bench that he liked so much. The one in front of the pond with that tree across from it.

Why he liked this spot is beyond me, but I liked the serenity of it all.

We sat down and both sighed before laughing as we recalled the most recent of events.

"Why did the birds scream at us?" Izuku genuinely asked. "Well, because they wanted us to leave. They were trying to protect their babies." I said, moving some of his hair out of his face. He hummed while nodding his head.

He then slumped his head against my body, enjoying my finger nails gently massaging his scalp.

"What would you like to do for your birthday?" I asked Izuku. He hummed as he thought, shrugging his shoulders thereafter. "Well, do you want a party? Or would you like to go on a trip?" He shook his head no. I frowned a little, seeing as the plans I had for his birthday fly out of the window.

"I want- I just want to be w-with you and Shoto- and Shoto's dad," he said as he rubbed his tired eyes. I smiled a little, "Ok, I can make that happen."

We sat in silence on the bench, watching the little movement in the pond and just listening to the rustling leaves. 'What a fun day.'

𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐊 & 𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐋𝐄 𝐒𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐄𝐒

Sorry for not updating for so long and for this underwhelming chapter. I've been trying to plan for the next few chapters.

©️𝗚𝟴𝗕𝗕𝗬𝗖𝟯