𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 5: 𝐿𝒶𝓉𝑒

A/N: Hello loves, How are you all doing? I just wanted to post a little notice here, I am still actively working on writing this book, but the timeline of my posts may take a bit longer than average for a while. I am going to be starting the 16 book world that is SJM and I am a binge reader, so I will be working for a portion of time every morning to get through the upcoming chapters. I have no idea when the next ones will be finished, as it is, it already takes a couple weeks minimum per chapter. Anyways, I just wanted to let you know, enjoy this long chapter. Don't forget that if you are enjoying the story, please vote and comment. Every interaction helps and I love reading your comments.

XOXO,

S.

The door bursts open, cracking against the wall. Winnie startles, groaning from her warm bed. Rubbing her face along her pillow and turning her head toward the casement, she inhales a deep breath of the lavender flowers sitting on her bedside table. With a yawn, her eyes flutter open as she stretches out her well rested body, arms reaching above her head. Her knuckles thunk against the dark oak headboard above her, a few crackling in the process.

"Ouch." She groans to herself as her eyes adjust to the white light gleaming in from her soft chamois lace curtains. Outside the four white floral wallpapered walls of the room, fluffy wet snow trickles to the ground. Just knowing the cold awaits outside the warm quilt and sheets of her bed makes her bury herself in deeper. She realizes her mother must have brought her to bed sometime after they had fallen asleep on the couch or perhaps her father had when he woke up.

"Wakey, wakey eggs and bakey!" Charlie's sing-song voice rings obnoxiously through the room. Drawing a pillow over the back of her head and ears, she groans something indiscernible into the down. "Get up buttercup, ya late!"

Another muffled sound seeps from between the bottom pillow and his sister's face. He snatches the one from the back of her head making her hair fling in every direction around her in a frizzy slept-in mess, but she doesn't budge. "Come on, Win! Get up!"

"I don't wanna!" She whines like a toddler being told to do anything. "It's warm in here." Glancing down at the white linen comforter, Charlie smirks mischievously and yanks the covers away from Winnie. "Heeeeeeyy!" Her high pitched squeal makes Charlie cackle. The bitter air slapping against her skin.

"Get up, pa left for trainin' and now if you want a ride to the library, yuh need to hop up and get dressed."

"That's alright, I can walk to the library." Groaning, she buries her face deeper into the pillow under her head. Curling her knees up to her chest from the side in hopes her body heat will linger just a smidge longer.

"There is two feet of snow outside, Winnie." He adds.

"I know... I was up with momma last night when it started and it's Brooklyn, so of course there is, but I need to make it to the library today. I have my book club and I have to get some writing done and you know I focus better there." Her voice comes out muffled by the down.

"When can you be ready? I don't have to work for another hour and fifteen minutes. So if you can be ready in less than thirty, I can drop you off."

"That would be wonderful. Thank you, Charlie." Winnie lifts her head flashing a quick smile.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Bounding down the steps, she takes notice of Charlie waiting at the door, wrapping a gray scarf around his neck and taking his black Homburg off the top of the coat rack to place on his neatly coiffed hair. His tie is loosely and messily fastened around his neck and she clicks her tongue at him. "Need some help, bubby?"