Are you my mummy?

Katia and Rose clung tightly onto the console as the TARDIS hurtled through space, the former doing her best to keep a hold of Luna with one arm. Not easy when the ride was incredibly bumpy, much more than the last few trips. "What's happening?" the young photographer asked "What's the emergency?"

"It's mauve", the Doctor replied.

"Mauve?" Rose repeated.

"The universally recognised colour for danger", the Time Lord explained.

"Isn't that normally red?" Katia questioned.

"Only for humans. By everyone else's standards, red's camp", the Doctor told her. He gestured to the scanner "It's got a very basic flight computer. I've hacked in, slaved the TARDIS. Where it goes, we go".

The red head frowned "That...that doesn't sound very safe".

"Don't worry, it's very safe", the Time Lord assured and then part of the console explodes making the trio flinch and Luna yelp "Okay, reasonably" he quickly amended "Should have said reasonably there" he glanced at the scanner to check on the progress and found that the object was getting away "No, no, no, no! It's jumping time tracks, getting away from us!" the Doctor exclaimed and frantically started working catch up with it.

"What exactly is this thing?" Rose asked.

"No idea", the Time Lord admitted.

"So...why are we chasing it?" Katia queried.

"It's mauve and dangerous, and about thirty seconds from the centre of London", the Doctor said, seriously.

"Oh boy..." his Mate breathed, eyes wide.

When the TARDIS eventually materialised, it was in a back alley between two terraces. "Do you know how long you can knock around space without happening to bump into Earth?" the Doctor remarked stepping out of the ship.

"No clue", Katia said, gently pushing Luna back inside the TARDIS and closing the door. As much as she hated leaving the wolf pup behind, but she didn't particularly want to have her around while they chased after the Doctor's mystery object. "So where is the thing?"

"Must have come down somewhere quite close. Within a mile, anyway. And it can't have been more than a few weeks ago. Maybe a month", the Time Lord explained.

Rose raised her brows "A month? We were right behind it!"

"It was jumping time tracks all over the place", the Doctor stated "We're bound to be a little bit out. Do you want to drive?"

"Only if you want to teach me", Katia shot back, though rather offhandedly.

"Sure", the Time Lord said.

His Mate looked at him surprised whereas Rose was more peeved than anything else. "I was joking", she admitted.

"I wasn't", the Doctor insisted "I'll teach you later", he promised.

The red head smiled, making his twin hearts do another flip flop in his chest. "Thanks", she said "I'd like that". Rose couldn't help level a glare at the other 19 year old. If she'd jokingly stated that she wanted lessons, the Doctor would say no. How the hell did she manage to get him to say yes?

"So how much is a little?" she asked, getting his attention on her.

"A bit", the Doctor replied vaguely.

"And...what exactly a bit?" Rose pressed.

"Ish", the Time Lord answered, still very vague.

"Well, that clears that up then", Katia commented, slightly sarcastic.