nineteen: TOLERANCE

⚠️ steamy scenes ⚠️

It's his usual shift at the bar and Taehyun's working his ass off again. After opening up to Soobin about his situation with Beomgyu, the bluenette had asked him to take a rest, considering how he's been making small mistakes due to how occupied his kind is but Taehyun ignores him and continues to work, just because he really needs to get Beomgyu off his mind.

He hasn't really been able to focus for the past week, not in his part time job nor in classes, all because of a damn kiss and now he's just busying himself.

"You're okay?" Soobin asks and just when Taehyun's about to reply, a shrill but familiar voice butts in and Taehyun turns to the counter to Soeun waving at him with a few of her friends.

"Soeun!!" Taehyun smiles but before he can walk over to them, Soobin halts him by the arm.
"Looks like you got the regulars to entertain. Will you be okay?" Soobin asks and Taehyun nods.
"I will." Taehyun says.

He walks over with a tray of drinks to serve the girls and the group holds out their small glasses to cheer, excluding Taehyun of course because he's working.

"Hey, looks like you still have lots up in your mind." Soeun says.
"You have no idea." Taehyun sighs.

"Y'know I'm always here to talk right?" Soeun asks as she strokes Taehyun's shoulder.
"Of course, thanks Soeun." Taehyun smiles.

Their conversation gets disrupted when Soeun's friends start squealing while gasping their mouths, eyes landing on a certain raven haired dancing with the crowd, with boys and girls grinding up his side, letting his body immerse into the loud music.

"When did he come?" Taehyun asks, 50% disgusted and 50% hurt.

"He's been here for a while but looks like people kept giving him too much of a drink." Soeun responds.

Taehyun can't help but be worried. Beomgyu's a regular at the bar but he's never let himself go as wasted as he is now.
Soeun looks up at her friend and notices the concern and worried look plastered on Taehyun's face.

"Did you two fight?" Soeun asks.
"Huh?"
"You and Beomgyu."
"Something like that. He's being a brat as usual." Taehyun says.

The part of Beomgyu being a brat has always been true but like hell will he open up to Soeun about the older kissing him a week ago.

"Must be hard." Soeun giggles and Taehyun chuckles at that too.
"I'll be on the dance floor. Join me later?" Soeun asks, shooting Taehyun a wink.

Taehyun grins.
"Count me in."

+×+

After a few hours, Taehyun finally gets a break as all the customers seem to be drunk dancing.

The blonde then leaves the counter and searches for Soeun in the sea of people and HYBE students.
Taehyun searches in the crowd for the girl who's wearing a mini sparkling purple dress and white boots.
But when his eyes shift to a certain dark corner, his eyes widen-

As he spots Soeun and Beomgyu kissing.

Taehyun's mouth quiver as he looks at the two in disbelief. His heart clenches as he takes a few steps forward but not close to the pair.

Beomgyu had Soeun pinned to the wall while her fingers mess up with the older's hair. Their lips mould against each other as Beomgyu pushes their lips further and further.

Beomgyu then peeks from he corner of his eyes and spots Taehyun standing a few meters away from them with glossy eyes.

Beomgyu shoots him an evil smirk, then focusing back to kissing the girl.
Taehyun's eyes well up in tears as he turns on his toes to run off back to the counter.