Chapter 15

Thank you for reading Enjoy

Chapter 15

Mia

This is wrong. It's wrong. I killed someone. She's dead. Dead. Dead. Dead. It's my fault that she's dead. I did it. He won't like that. Can't be helped. She shouldn't have been there. He told her to stay away from the Bradford's and especially from Beckett. Lindsey didn't listen.

She should have listened. I should have listened.

"I'm going to make a quick call, Mia. We'll be taking off soon," Blake says as if he's my knight in shining armor. They all like playing the hero, these Bradford's.

I wonder if they will still feel like heroes when they're all dead? Dead, dead, dead!

Smiling, I give Blake a blank look and turn to look out the window. Let him believe that the mild mannered little welp Mia is passive and mute. I'm too overwhelmed with grief and fear to respond to him. He'll never know what hit him.

Blake turned and walked off the plane as I watched him talk on his phone to the side of the runway. He acts like he owns this place. He thinks he owns everything. He's going to learn he doesn't.

Going to the back of the plane, I go into the bathroom and look into the mirror. Smiling at my reflection, I adjust my hair and touch up my face. Can't let them know just yet who they have let into their home.

As I adjust my makeup I make sure there is no way anyone can tell I'm not who I said I am. As long as I act like I'm freaked out, everyone will think I'm Mia. They will never know who was really killed. Because they didn't want to look at the body.

They wanted to get rid of it. Quickly and quietly. And they wouldn't want the police looking into the deaths. They want the police to determine it was an accident and move on. They won't look at the mask on the body, they won't dig deeper to see if little Mia is still alive. They will just bury her.

With that thrill racing through my veins I took out my phone and dialed a number I knew wouldn't be checked for hours yet. Brynn wouldn't be found until much later this afternoon. She would be smart and turn off her phone to save her battery.

They were in that cave where I couldn't reach her last night. It was really too bad. She was the one I wanted. The little welp didn't really matter to me anymore more than that silly architect does. But they are part of the family now, aren't they?

Cole never did interest me much. He was just there in the way with Leo and Ethan every time I turned around. And now he was in the way again. Well, he will be crying when he learns that pitiful little girl is gone and I've taken her place.

Perhaps pretending to be her for a bit longer won't be so bad. I could land Cole, get into the family fold before they learn the truth. I could even get a little surgery done to take on the look permanently, with a few upgrades of course.

Lindsey Markham might be dead but Mia Cromwell is alive and well. And she has her foot in the door with the Bradford's. This could be a better solution than I thought. But I do think one last call is in order, for old times sake.

Dialing the familiar number I smiled as I left my message.
"One, two, I'm coming for you.
Three, four, better lock your doors.
Five, six, what will you risk?
Seven, eight, for Mia's too late.
Nine, ten, Lindsey's back again!
I dare you, Brynn! Come find me!"

I couldn't contain my laughter as I disconnected the call. Brynn will shit her pants worrying over her little friend thinking I'm coming after Mia. None of them will realize it's already done. And I'll be safely tucked away at Point Conception.