Chapter Four - Bring Peanut Butter and Sugar Cookies

"You guys should really come home now. It's been three days since you guys left and I'm bored." I say into the phone as my mother sighs on the other end.

    "Just hold your horses. We'll be there tomorrow morning." She says with a hint of uncertainty to her voice. I sighed and agreed with her. 

    "I'll talk to you then." I say. She says goodbye and we hang up. "June! Want to go on a road trip?" I yell as I wait for her reply. 

    She comes upstairs wearing a red sweater and black skinny jeans with her hair in a messy bun. "Yeah sure." She says as she puts her headphones in, probably blaring the Miley Cyrus Bangerz track. We walk out back to my old pickup truck. It probably had a gallon of gasoline so we got in and I pulled us out into the alleyway before taking a left out to the city bridge.

    The water was flowing faster than usual and the air was warmer than usual. I look over to the passenger seat and June has no emotion to her face. "You good over there?" I ask as I tap her shoulder, somehow managing to keep us from going into a ditch. She nods and brings a faint smile no her face.

    "Where are we going?" She asks as I turn right, onto the bridge.

    "On a trip that should take us two hours." I say as her eyes bulge out of her head. "Don't worry. We're just going to go pick up Libbie and the twins." I sigh making an attempt to put her eyes back in her head.

    "I did not agree to this!" She yells manically. "Nope I am not doing this!" She yells as she crosses her arms. I sigh and continue to drive, ignoring her pleas to go home.

     "Hey, go in the glove compartment and hand me the plastic bag please." I say. She pops open the glove-box and hands me the plastic bag, to which I open and start eating the pretzel sticks from inside. June glares at me before snatching a pretzel out of my hand. "Oh, you're just an asshole." I say as I playfully shove her.

~--~  

     Now with all the assholes home, including my extended family I went to Julie's place. I swung open the glass door to their house and saw her dad in the living room with his feet on the coffee table reading the newspaper. "Hey Keith." I say as I walk past.

     "Hey kiddo! Julie's upstairs in her room working on decorating." He yells with a bright smile on his face. Keith was this oh-so-jolly guy who's the manager of a Macy's here in the city. Basically he makes big- no, that's an understatement, huge money.

    I jogged up their spiral staircase which was accompanied by a glass railing. All the doors upstairs were plain white with a label on it except for Julie's room. Her room had Charli XCX, Marina and The Diamonds, along with Ariana Grande posters. She also had a sign on her door that said, 'Don't Awake Satan'. I knocked on her door and waited until she yelled for me to come in.

     I opened the door and smiled at her then I turned to her bed.I picked up two of her posters and started taping them to the wall when she broke the silence. "So what brings you here?" She asks as she opens the window.  

     "Well, my extended family is at my house watching NASCAR so I don't really have anything to do." I say as I smack the tape against the wall. "That and Geni's been acting like a bitch lately. Whenever I talk to her she tries to avoid me." I sigh as I look over at Julie.

    Julie's nose was crinkled as she was most likely in thought. "Maybe she accidentally put the tampon in the wrong hole." She laugh as I face palm eternally. Nevertheless, Julie was full of amazing comebacks and sarcasm and would be sure to use every single one of them. The day she stops using sarcasm is probably the day she stops breathing.