Chapter Five - Nice Lace Underwear

"You have a big ego, Deyes." I say to Aiden as he basks in his own glory.

    "What can I say? I'm awesome aren't I?" He questions as he pulls Flynn Ryder's smolder. Sometimes I wish I was Rapunzel just so I could clog him with a frying pan. "Wow, rude I must say." I groan as I throw my copy of Crash Bandicoot, Nitro Kart at him.

    "There is no way I said that out aloud you buffoon." I say playfully as I recline back on the couch. His house wasn't a typical rich person's home. It was more-or-less a pretty nice, family home. It was better than my house, which isn't that bad but there are plenty of issues at my house.

    "Where is daddy?" Asks Mia as she sits herself down on the carpet of the living room. Aiden sighs and picks her up like a baby.

    "He'll be home tomorrow morning, don't you worry." He says as he pokes her nose and she groans. "You're a big jerk face." She says as she sticks her tongue out at him. He puts her down in my lap and sits down beside me.

    "Crash Bandicoot or Ratatouille?" He asks as he powers on the Play Station. I hand him the Crash Bandicoot disk without a word and he sighs. "That figures." 

    "Oh, so you know me? That's sweet." I say with high levels of sarcasm. I do a preppy smile before groaning. I swung my arm over Mia and handed her a controller.

    "This is going to be fun, isn't it?" I question with a smile as Aiden glares at me.

    "She'll be looking at my screen, she'll think she's winning and in all reality she'll be in the back away from everybody." He groans as I laugh aloud.

~--~

    Saying my hair had no volume to it was a complete understatement. My hair is straighter than me when I look at a picture of Gerard Way. In other words, my hair has no look to it what-so-ever. I usually end up having to tease my hair in the morning to do a voluminous braid or anything that shouldn't stick straight to my head. But right now I had full trust in Julie to make my hair look better than ever.

    Her small grunts of built up aggression was probably the only thing keeping me from talking. Julie had mad anger issues, and I wasn't ready to deal with them. Mandy was standing on the other side of my room going through my drawers trying to find the perfect outfit. "How about this one eh?" She asked as she held up my galaxy leggings and a black, long sleeved crop top. I shrug my shoulder and she sighs. "How about now?" She questions as she switched the top for my favorite doughnut tank top.

    "You know me so well!" I squeal dramatically as she throws the outfit on my bed. She smiles before pulling up a picture on her Mac Book. 

    "This is what I think we should do for her mop." Says Mandy as she shows Julie the picture. I tilt my head up to see a picture of a slick-back ponytail with the actual end of the hair curled. I smirk and nod as Mandy squeals. "Yes I finally found something she likes!" 

    Just then the window opens and Aiden climbs inside my room. "Well, nice to see you lovely ladies getting ready for a party." He says with a sly smirk as Mandy groans. "I bet I could make you groan louder, you just have to pay five dollars for my foot long." He announces as I glare at him.

    "Deyes, what the hell are you doing in my room?" I ask as I cross my arms, considering the fact I'm in just a towel and undergarments.

    "I'm investigating, making sure you're keeping your room in good condition." He says with a smile as he winks at me. "Nice towel." Sarcastic comment in the next three seconds.

    "You're so perverted, did you get lessons from sexual predators?" I ask with a glare. He chuckles before throwing a sandal at me. "Can you go home so maybe I can change into my clothes?" I ask as I pull my towel up higher. 

    "Sure thing bro, but just telling you now, nice lace underwear." He says as he clambers out the window and I cover myself up. I grunt and Julie laughs at me.

    "I'm going to kill both of you once Mandy closes the curtains." I say as I grit my teeth. Mandy hands me my clothes and ushers me to the other side of the room. Yes, we're all friends so we all get dressed and undressed in the same room. Big deal? I think not.

~--~  

    I love parties. Yes, parents think the typical teenager goes to a party to snort cocaine, get drunk, and to have unprotected sex. For me that's not the case all the time. I go to parties to escape. To escape from all off my responsibilities, my family, and to do reckless shit. The one thing I'm very grateful for is that I have never had sex while at one of these parties.

    Julie and I walked into Mandy's house like a bunch of bad asses. Her parents were gone for the weekend so we could have a party, where there would surely be drinking. The first person I saw inside was Mandy's brother Alec hanging out with Aiden on the couch. I plopped myself down next to Aiden and sat my head down on his shoulder. "What's up Dora and Diego the explorers?" I asked as Aiden chuckled.

    "How do you still remember their names?" He asks playfully.

    "Switching the topic, did you hear about Geni?" Asks Alec. What now? "Shit dude, I feel so bad for you." I crinkle my nose when his face goes pale. He mutters a swear under his breathe before directing the conversation to alcohol. Instead of listening to his bullshit I decided I would go to the kitchen to go get a few shots when Aiden grabs my arm.

    "What do you want now?" I asks disgruntled as I whip around and see instant hurt in his eyes. "Shit, I'm sorry. I just say whatever comes to mind. I'm sorry Aiden, I really didn't mean to be rude." I spit out, hopefully fast enough that his mind won't change to socking me in the face.

    "You're not going to get hammered." He says as he grabs me by my face. "We have a very important day tomorrow so I prefer you to not be hammered when we leave." Ah yes, the drive to Teddy's place. As most likely recognizable, Aiden didn't want to have to pull over every half an hour for me to barf during a hangover.

    I shrug him off and walk into the kitchen. "You're going to regret it Pattie cake." He says with a chuckle as I grab a vodka bottle. I take a shot glass out of Mandy's liquor cabinet and pour vodka up to the rim. Don't even ask me what kind it is, because I don't care enough to look at the label.

    Bottoms up. I took a swig from the bottle after I took the shot, and when I look over at Aiden he's shaking his head. I laugh and take another swig before passing him the bottle. "Lighten up." I say as I nudge the bottle towards him.

    He looks up at me for approval and before I can even answer he takes a huge chug before slamming the bottle on the table. I pick up the bottle and hold it dear to me before I grab Aiden's arm. "We're going to the pool out back." I say as I pull him out the glass door and we sit beside each other by the pool. 

    "Let me get drunk so I can say ridiculous shit." He says as he takes the bottle from me before taking two huge swigs. He passes it back and I take another swig, absorbing the last remnants of the vodka. He puts his arm around me and I move closer, because it's cold and I have no other source of heat. Poor excuse Valentine.

    Sometimes I wonder if getting drunk and hanging out with your guy friend is normal. But as long as they don't fondle you in your sleep, I guess you're pretty much good. I know Aiden wouldn't touch me in any way like that so everything is completely cool. Nothing more than friends. Well I mean, if he wanted to be more than friends I wouldn't object. Shit Pattie what are you thinking!

    That boy drives me insane. But I guess that's where we both relate. He uses comebacks, I use sarcasm. The perfect team of guards if I must say so myself. So much arguing in such little time, ah the scenarios sound super hilarious honestly. Maybe it's just the alcohol kicking in.