7. No Omega Luna

Nathaniel's POV

My father and I immediately started mindlinking our warriors, instructing them where and how to help.

"Gabriella, please stay inside!", I begged her, knowing it was a lost battle.

"You know me better than that, Nate. We fight next to each other not for each other" She pecked my lips and we hurried outside.

The view in front of us was horrific. The rogues were countless and it seemed like we were outnumbered. I saw a few dead bodies of our warriors and some badly injured. Gabriella, me, my father and his betta were running to the battle when a black shadow passed through us and I saw everything happening in slow motion.

My father fell on the ground holding his throat, blood oozing from it. I felt sharp pain in my heart and all the warriors howled in pain. I rushed to my father screaming for him, holding his lifeless body in my hands. I looked around and saw all the warriors gathered around us, bowing their heads. Daniel came rushing, he kneeled next to me and put a hand on my shoulder. This pain cannot be mistaken. The pain from the loss of our Alpha - the father of our pack, our leader...

Gabriella and Cary came and instructed a few warriors how to take care of the dead and wounded and led me and my brother to the Alpha's office. As soon as we got inside, me and my brother lost it and started crying over the loss of our only parent. I am an Alpha and cannot show weakness Infront of the others but right now I am just a son who lost his father, a child with no parents to guide him. I felt Gabriella running circles on my back. I turned around and hugged her tight, my silent tears falling on her shoulder. Danny was crying in Cary's arms. The mourning howls of the pack filled out ears. 

I don't know how much time has passed but when I lifted my head to look out the window, the sun was already rising. I moved to sit on the sofa and I pulled Gabriella to sit in my lap. I needed her closer, I needed her scent - it calmed me.

"We are in this together, brother. Our pack needs you but we will be behind you every step of the way. We are family", Danny said. His eyes red from crying, his face sad, but I could see his brotherly love and support for me.

"What the hell happened out there?" I asked, remembering it looked like we were on the losing side but after the shadow killed my father everything seemed to stop.

"A big shadow passed over us for like a few seconds and then we all felt dad's death. The shadow disappeared and so did all the rogues." Danny said. His eyes glazed for a moment indicating he was mindlinking.

"We lost 12 warriors and dad, 9 warriors are in coma but stable, 11 are being held for observation but are healing normally and 23 were released after tending to their wounds and should be almost fully healed by now." Danny reported, I nodded. Then he turned to Cary.

"Cary, I am sorry but your father was found killed near the border. No one has seen how and what happened."

"I know, I felt his loss when we came into the office. I mourned for him in your arms" she gave my brother a small smile. "We weren't very close but his loss still hurts. I guess we are now all orphans" she tried to joke and we all gave small smiles.

"We need to call the werewolf council to arrange your Alpha initiation as soon as possible. The pack is scared and needs their leader. With dad gone, only the council  can transfer the powers." Gabriella said.

"We will do your initiation the same day, Gabriella, we need a Luna also" I said and she nodded.

"I know now is not the best time, guys, but congrats on finally mating and marking. I am really happy for you!" Cary said.