21. Ben

Carline's POV

After Malakai's visit we fell back into our routine with our pack duties. Me and Ella are heavily pregnant so we had to stop training fighters but kept our morning meditation classes and evening martial arts.

My second pregnancy was nothing compared to my first one. If it wasn't for my swollen belly and feeling my pup moving inside I would've forgotten I was expecting. I had no morning sickness, no mood swings or feeling too tired, maybe meditation helped a lot but I think it also has to do with the strong bond between me and Nate and also having Ella and Danny back.

Zane loved playing with my tummy and talking to his baby sister. He saw Nate do it once and he started doing it too. I feel so blissful that sometimes I even forget that a war is coming our way.

I am currently with Ella and we are leading our morning meditation class. Our class consisted mostly of she-wolves but we also had a few warriors who showed signs of aggression. Some of them were sent here against their will but some volunteered to participate because they wanted help to sync better with their wolves. Most aggression issues were caused because the human part couldn't understand the wolf or the other way around and meditation helped them.

The two people who had no progress at all were Ben and Rob. Ella's tormentors.

"We should just kick them out of the pack" I mindlinked her. This is not the first time I suggested this, even Nate and Danny wanted to but Ella was against it.

"I don't know why but I feel that we will need them. There is something about them I don't know how to explain. I used to hate them but my hatred is now replaced with care?" It sounded more like a question.

"If they don't improve we will have to do something, though" I replied. Ella was observing them. I looked their way. Ben was grumpy as always and Rob was following his lead but his eyes didn't hold the same anger.

"Maybe Lory could help us with her gift" Ella suggested

"Lory, come here, baby" Ella called her pup over

"He is a good wolf, mommy, he is just lost. He is scared." Lory whispered to us

"Who are you talking about, baby?"

"About Ben. He is angry with the Goddess, he thinks she messed up his mating match. Rob pretends he doesn't feel the bond. Ben felt it once but he was drunk and the next morning he didn't remember. His anger doesn't let him feel the bond. He is afraid the other warriors won't take him seriously. He thinks that will make him less strong but the bond will make him stronger. Only you can help him, mommy" Lory said and I noticed her dark eyes were sparkling while she spoke.

"I don't think he would accept my help, Lory. He hates me" Ella tried to explain to her pup

"He doesn't really hate you, but if you don't help him he will be lost forever. Talk to him now" Lorelei said and ran away to play.

"Alright class, this is all for today, thank you for joining us. We will meet you tomorrow at the same time." I said and stood up to leave

"Ben, you will stay for extra training," Ella said, surprising me. "I will be fine, don't worry. Leave us alone" she said, turning to me. I hesitated but what Lorelei said got me thinking. Maybe Ella will be able to help him.

Gabriella's POV

Ben was shooting daggers at me and Rob was standing beside him protectively.

"Rob, you are dismissed" I told him without sparing him a glance

"NO" he growled at me and moved closer, standing almost nose to nose with me. I didn't budge.